to cause to be acquainted; to accustom; to make something well known; to publicize
store
cushion
familiarize
lack

What "tying up" mean? tie up?

What is destination charge? Meaning the delivery fee. | Three rates here: money factor, annual interest rate, and local new-car loan...
What "tying up" mean? tie up? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 18:21 pm   What "tying up" mean? tie up?

ESL/EFL Test #169 "Auto Leasing", question 7

When you lease, you're ......... the leasing company's money while you're driving their car and they rightfully expect you to pay interest on that money, the same as with a loan.

(a) binding over
(b) nailing down
(c) running through
(d) tying up

ESL/EFL Test #169 "Auto Leasing", answer 7

When you lease, you're tying up the leasing company's money while you're driving their car and they rightfully expect you to pay interest on that money, the same as with a loan.

Correct answer: (d) tying up
_________________________

What "tying up" mean? tie up?
_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

What "tying up" mean? tie up? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 23:28 pm   What "tying up" mean? tie up?

Using and therefore preventing the money from being used in other ways.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
pipe inShould not it be, Would you like "something" to drink?Sentence: Nantucket, which is a little island 20 miles off Cape Cod, MassachusettWhat is the use of phrasal verbs?How can you possibly sprint up slowly?'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry'Why do we use marine mammals?Is the structure of the sentence "from--to--to"?Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?Learning English has some advantages...difference between incident and event?If I were you vs. if I was you?