to be in possession of; to belong to; to confess
rely
own
advertise
scrutinize

How can you possibly sprint up slowly?

On the corner vs. in the corner | 'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry'
How can you possibly sprint up slowly? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 19:14 pm   How can you possibly sprint up slowly?

ESL/EFL Test #135 "Vocabulary Practice: Tigers (1)", question 6

Cheetahs are very fast but tigers are not. So, tigers are very careful when they hunt. They slowly ......... up to their prey and then jump or pounce with great force.

(a) creep
(b) sprint
(c) grow
(d) freeze

ESL/EFL Test #135 "Vocabulary Practice: Tigers (1)", answer 6

Cheetahs are very fast but tigers are not. So, tigers are very careful when they hunt. They slowly creep up to their prey and then jump or pounce with great force.

Correct answer: (a) creep

Cheetahs are very fast but tigers are not. So, tigers are very careful when they hunt. They slowly sprint up to their prey and then jump or pounce with great force.
_________________________

Why creep up and not sprint up?
What do they mean?
Miraz
Miraz

How can you possibly sprint up slowly? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 19:20 pm   How can you possibly sprint up slowly?

How can you possibly sprint up slowly?
SkiIucK

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Should not it be, Would you like "something" to drink?Sentence: Nantucket, which is a little island 20 miles off Cape Cod, MassachusettWhat is the use of phrasal verbs?Three rates here: money factor, annual interest rate, and local new-car loan...What "tying up" mean? tie up?What is destination charge? Meaning the delivery fee.Why do we use marine mammals?Is the structure of the sentence "from--to--to"?Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?What is a fine?What is the meaning of 'I've really had enough of all your excuses?What does took its eye off the ball mean?