obligation; responsibility; assignment; customs tax
collection
ad
irritation
duty

Meaning of fragmentary and fragmented?

solve problems and overcome obstacles | What does 'go along with' mean?
Meaning of fragmentary and fragmented? #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 17:17 pm   Meaning of fragmentary and fragmented?

ESL/EFL Test #198 "Trade Multilateralism", question 1

Multilateral trade agreements serve the interests of today's global production system in a way that the alternative -- a ......... system of bilateral agreements -- does not.

(a) factional
(b) fractional
(c) fragmentary
(d) fragmented

ESL/EFL Test #198 "Trade Multilateralism", answer 1

Multilateral trade agreements serve the interests of today's global production system in a way that the alternative -- a fragmented system of bilateral agreements -- does not.

Correct answer: (d) fragmented
_________________________

what is the meaning of fragmentary and fragmented?

Mirko
Mirko

Meaning of fragmentary and fragmented? #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 23:43 pm   Meaning of fragmentary and fragmented?

fragmentary = partial, incomplete
fragmented = broken, in pieces. separated
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'.Isn't it true that the smartest girl is the intelligence one?Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through'Does that mean your boss will trust you and will give you higher position?Email feels private, but it's anything but.What does mean "doing damage control"?Why not entirely?Meaning of 'turn down'What is the meaning of outstanding shares?act like means doing like s.b.What does 'in their right mind' mean?What does 'ground to open up and swallow me' mean?