rematch; repetition
catalog
contrary
replay
brochure

What does mean "doing damage control"?

What does 'go along with' mean? | Email feels private, but it's anything but.
What does mean "doing damage control"? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:57 am   What does mean "doing damage control"?

ESL/EFL Test #173 "Email Do's and Don't's", question 7

If you don't consider how it will sound on the other end and take steps to shape the delivery so the meaning is understood, you could be doing ......... control later.

(a) communication
(b) courtesy
(c) damage
(d) passion

ESL/EFL Test #173 "Email Do's and Don't's", answer 7

If you don't consider how it will sound on the other end and take steps to shape the delivery so the meaning is understood, you could be doing damage control later.

Correct answer: (c) damage
_________________________

What does mean "doing damage control"?
thanks.
_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

What does mean "doing damage control"? #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:56 am   What does mean "doing damage control"?

Doing damage control = trying to correct misunderstandings.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'smell good'I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'.Isn't it true that the smartest girl is the intelligence one?Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?Dose 'Get over' mean 'Calm down' or 'Control yourself'?Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through'Does that mean your boss will trust you and will give you higher position?Why not entirely?Meaning of fragmentary and fragmented?Meaning of 'turn down'What is the meaning of outstanding shares?act like means doing like s.b.What does 'in their right mind' mean?