to look on; to see; to observe; to testify; to vouch for
accord
mollify
transcend
witness

Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through'

meaning of "By myself" | I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'.
Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through' #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 28, 2010 23:19 pm   Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through'

ESL/EFL Test #828 "Common 'Get' Usage (2)", question 2

I don't know how to get ......... to you! If you come in late one more time, I will fire you. Do you understand?

(a) off
(b) on
(c) through
(d) down

ESL/EFL Test #828 "Common 'Get' Usage (2)", answer 2

I don't know how to get through to you! If you come in late one more time, I will fire you. Do you understand?

Correct answer: (c) through

I don't know how to get down to you! If you come in late one more time, I will fire you. Do you understand?
_________________________

What's the difference between 'get down to' and 'get through'.

Many thanks.
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through' #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 28, 2010 23:46 pm   Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through'

Get down to = implement
Get through to = communicate with
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Why don't we use Burnt?Don't forget to pick me up?There is something missing after the to, for example "follow", isn't itUntil he pays off his credit card...Meaning of 'smell good'Isn't it true that the smartest girl is the intelligence one?Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?Dose 'Get over' mean 'Calm down' or 'Control yourself'?Does that mean your boss will trust you and will give you higher position?Email feels private, but it's anything but.What does mean "doing damage control"?Why not entirely?Meaning of fragmentary and fragmented?