to impede; to obstruct; to hinder; to meddle
pretend
margin
interfere
tie

Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?

act like means doing like s.b. | Dose 'Get over' mean 'Calm down' or 'Control yourself'?
Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 28, 2010 23:23 pm   Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?

ESL/EFL Test #828 "Common 'Get' Usage (2)", question 9

I don't know what you're getting ........., but I know I don't like your tone.

(a) off
(b) at
(c) on
(d) over

ESL/EFL Test #828 "Common 'Get' Usage (2)", answer 9

I don't know what you're getting at, but I know I don't like your tone.

Correct answer: (b) at

_________________________

Many thanks.
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'? #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 28, 2010 23:44 pm   Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?

'Get at' = mean, imply
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'? #3 (permalink) Sun Mar 28, 2010 23:54 pm   Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?

Many thanks to your quick reply.
I wonder if get at has a negative or aggressive meaning. By the way, would you mind explain me what is the meaning of these sentences?
#1. What are you getting at?
#2. I don't like being got at.

-Salivan
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'? #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:44 am   Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?

It can be aggressive, but it needn't be; it is also a casual expression of curiousity or lack of understanding.

#1-- What do you mean? What are you implying?
#2-- Can't be in passive voice, since it is an intransitive phrasal verb.
_________________

Why can't not use considerations?What's the difference between lie down and lay down?Why don't we use Burnt?What does get his point across mean?Don't forget to pick me up?There is something missing after the to, for example "follow", isn't itUntil he pays off his credit card...Meaning of 'smell good'I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'.Isn't it true that the smartest girl is the intelligence one?Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through'Then what can increase the rate of consumption?Does that mean your boss will trust you and will give you higher position?