tangible; real; substantial; solid
rival
concrete
arbitrary
foster

I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'.

Difference between 'get down to' and 'get through' | Isn't it true that the smartest girl is the intelligence one?
I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'. #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 0:18 am   I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'.

ESL/EFL Test #825 "Comparatives and Superlatives (4)", question 10

George is usually quiet in class. However, his twin brother, Gary, is much ......... than George is on a regular basis.

(a) disruptive
(b) more disruptive
(c) most disruptive

ESL/EFL Test #825 "Comparatives and Superlatives (4)", answer 10

George is usually quiet in class. However, his twin brother, Gary, is much more disruptive than George is on a regular basis.

Correct answer: (b) more disruptive

_________________________

I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'. Doesn't ...Gary, is much disruptive than... make sense?

Many thanks.
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'. #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:49 am   I think that there is no need to select 'more disruptive'.

Hello Pasban,
No, "much disruptive" does not make any sense. "Much more disruptive" is the correct answer.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Why don't we use Burnt?What does get his point across mean?Don't forget to pick me up?There is something missing after the to, for example "follow", isn't itUntil he pays off his credit card...Meaning of 'smell good'Would you mind to express another examples of using 'Get at'?Dose 'Get over' mean 'Calm down' or 'Control yourself'?Does that mean your boss will trust you and will give you higher position?Email feels private, but it's anything but.What does mean "doing damage control"?Why not entirely?Meaning of fragmentary and fragmented?