Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

deprived of hope or confidence; dissuaded from
enough
particular
discouraged
useless
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

high return vs. strong competition

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Possible vs. unreasonable | Robert and Kevin fought at school today. I don't know why...
listening exercises
high return vs. strong competition #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 18:43 pm   high return vs. strong competition

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #178 "Human Resources Management", question 2

In this changing world, it is not uncommon for new markets to open (and close) rapidly, so companies need to have a strategy to move people and resources rapidly from areas of low to areas of a higher ..........

(a) competition
(b) impact
(c) return
(d) traffic

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #178 "Human Resources Management", answer 2

In this changing world, it is not uncommon for new markets to open (and close) rapidly, so companies need to have a strategy to move people and resources rapidly from areas of low to areas of a higher return.

Correct answer: (c) return

Why not the competition?
thanks.

high return vs. strong competition #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 19:59 pm   high return vs. strong competition

There are two reasons: First, the collocations are 'high return' and 'strong competition'. Second, it wouldn't make sense for a company to move into areas of stronger competition because their chances to succeed would decrease.

TOEFL listening discussions: What does an unlimited parking pass include?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Possible vs. unreasonable | Robert and Kevin fought at school today. I don't know why...
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
They might stub their big toe when walking around?What is a proof coin?What does physical custody mean here?What's a mortgage?What does mitt mean?Do you want to come to my party?Practices vs HabitsWhy can't not use considerations?What's the difference between lie down and lay down?Why don't we use Burnt?What does get his point across mean?Does she?There is something missing after the to, for example "follow", isn't it