Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

strong; healthy
certain
robust
efficient
hidden
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

They might stub their big toe when walking around?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Is 'get off my back' rude? | What is the comperative and superlative degree of sad?
listening exercises
They might stub their big toe when walking around? #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 30, 2010 14:59 pm   They might stub their big toe when walking around?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #761 "Real Life: Parts of the Body (4)", question 7

Sometimes, when people are careless, they might stub their ......... when walking around. This is the largest digit on the foot.

(a) large intestine
(b) big toe
(c) ankle
(d) calf muscle

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #761 "Real Life: Parts of the Body (4)", answer 7

Sometimes, when people are careless, they might stub their big toe when walking around. This is the largest digit on the foot.

Correct answer: (b) big toe

Your answer was: correct

Hi,
What does the italic phrase mean?

Sometimes, when people are careless, they might stub their big toe when walking around. This is the largest digit on the foot.

Many thanks.
Pasban110
I'm here quite often ;-)

They might stub their big toe when walking around? #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 30, 2010 20:46 pm   They might stub their big toe when walking around?

Hi,

I guess this idiom means that if you are careless you can get into trouble.( get into hot water)

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
They might stub their big toe when walking around? #3 (permalink) Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:30 am   They might stub their big toe when walking around?

This is not an idiom. This test is called "Parts of the Body."
This phrase refers to a person who might 'stub' his/her toe. This happens when you accidentally hit or slam your toe into something while you're walking around your house etc. You might stub your toe because you are not paying attention to what's on the floor in front of you.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Is 'get off my back' rude? | What is the comperative and superlative degree of sad?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Why do we not use solitary here?Laying vs. LyingHow is the pattern of comparative degree?what does"take-home pay mean?tackle vs. fumbleWhat is a proof coin?What does physical custody mean here?What's a mortgage?What does mitt mean?Do you want to come to my party?high return vs. strong competitionPractices vs HabitsRobert and Kevin fought at school today. I don't know why...