Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

finishing; finalizing
certificate
concept
groceries
completion
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Is "retire debt" a fixed phrase? Meaning pay off?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Why they are offten called farmers' markets? | Asset-based loans are an alternative to traditional bank lending because...
listening exercises
Is "retire debt" a fixed phrase? Meaning pay off? #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 31, 2010 14:05 pm   Is "retire debt" a fixed phrase? Meaning pay off?

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #182 "Asset-based Loans", question 7

In a leveraged buyout (LBO), the target company's assets are used as collateral for debt, and its cash flow is used to ......... debt accrued by the buyer to acquire the company.

(a) absolve
(b) assume
(c) restructure
(d) retire

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #182 "Asset-based Loans", answer 7

In a leveraged buyout (LBO), the target company's assets are used as collateral for debt, and its cash flow is used to retire debt accrued by the buyer to acquire the company.

Correct answer: (d) retire

Is "retire debt" a fixed phrase? Meaning pay off?
thanks.

Is "retire debt" a fixed phrase? Meaning pay off? #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 am   Is "retire debt" a fixed phrase? Meaning pay off?

Yes.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Why they are offten called farmers' markets? | Asset-based loans are an alternative to traditional bank lending because...
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
She watched?What does it mean 'words just fail me'?Ratification has been outlawed in all states?Simple present third personspell checker?What does 'bench' mean?Reported speech?Brushing your teeth?What does 'nervous' mean?What does "pass out game" mean?'run off' vs 'run down'meaning of temporaryWholly vs. basically