Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to defeat; to master; to crush; to stagger; to stun; to daze
overwhelm
prejudice
circumvent
combine
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

what is cold-blooded?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
'could lose all of your money' vs 'could lost all of your money' | currently vs generally
listening exercises
what is cold-blooded? #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 14:22 pm   what is cold-blooded?

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #15 "Expressions with cold", question 1

The way he murdered his victims in a slow, painful way was really cold-blooded.

(a) without feeling
(b) without sense
(c) without heat
(d) without warmth

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #15 "Expressions with cold", answer 1

The way he murdered his victims in a slow, painful way was really without feeling.

Correct answer: (a) without feeling

what is cold-blooded?

susan
susann

what is cold-blooded? #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 18:06 pm   what is cold-blooded?

It means cruel, very cruel, do something cruel without thinking over it.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
what is cold-blooded? #3 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 18:12 pm   what is cold-blooded?

Hi Susan,
Cold-blooded is similar to hard-hearted, iron-hearted. It means the murderer killed his victim with the most cruel way, and he felt nothing about his crime. He did not hesitate when doing his crime.
Tytystar

'could lose all of your money' vs 'could lost all of your money' | currently vs generally
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
The shop owner shot the robber. vs The shop owner shoots the robber.penny anteWhich tense is often used to write a poem or story?Why do we not use solitary here?What does sick in this sentence mean?Meaning of "kira speaks two languages."Meaning of "He plays two instruments"School of hard knocks?This is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard of.Laying vs. LyingHow is the pattern of comparative degree?Photos of your girlfriend?Expression: 'on a regular basis'