plentifulness; abundance; numerousness; plurality
guess
profusion
example
invoice

What does as far as mean?

Hurry or Hurry up..? | What's the difference between degree Celsius and degree Centigrade?
What does as far as mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 04, 2010 19:59 pm   What does as far as mean?

As far as you explained the problem, it didn't sound worse. What does this sentence mean?
_________________
Let my English be checked!
Wanderer

Location: Where wanderers and vagabonds usually live

What does as far as mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:32 am   What does as far as mean?

"As far as you explained the problem" = Based on your explanation of the problem.

I'm guessing that the whole thing means:
Based on your explanation of the problem, it didn't sound as if it(the problem) was worse (than it was before).

"As far as" is also common in
"As far as I can tell"
"As far as I know"
"As far as I can discover",
all of which mean "based on the information I have received"

Another common phrase, which is more difficult to deal with is,
"As far as I can see" because depending on how it is used it can either mean the same as above or it can literally mean the distance I can see.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
nicer vs nicest vs much niceHow come there's 'an' while there clearly should be 'the'?Because, Claudia is older than Eva and MaryMeaning of tax creditdrag onWe aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidentsnot the brightest star in the skymean vs meantWhat is turnaround fianacing? Is it an amount of money or a method something?Idiom: come to the pointWhy "goes in" not "goes of"?Difference between FIT and SUITPrefer vs. rather