car; vehicle; ride
realization
automobile
competitor
misgiving

not the brightest star in the sky

What is turnaround fianacing? Is it an amount of money or a method something? | Idiom: come to the point
not the brightest star in the sky #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 06, 2010 18:50 pm   not the brightest star in the sky

"I like Matt but I don't want to work with him on a group project. He is a hard worker but he's not the ......... star in the sky," Luke told Joe.

(a) one
(b) dimmest
(c) bluest
(d) brightest

"I like Matt but I don't want to work with him on a group project. He is a hard worker but he's not the brightest star in the sky," Luke told Joe.

Correct answer: (d) brightest

_________________________

What does "not the brightest star in the sky" refer to? Intelligence, skill, personality...?

Thanks in advance.
Baubau

not the brightest star in the sky #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 06, 2010 20:41 pm   not the brightest star in the sky

He is not very intelligent.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of tax creditdrag onHurry or Hurry up..?The shop owner shot the robber. vs The shop owner shoots the robber.What does as far as mean?penny anteWhich tense is often used to write a poem or story?What's the difference between degree Celsius and degree Centigrade?what is the meaning of foreshadowing?Photos of your girlfriend?Expression: 'on a regular basis'Meaning of "see in"Expression: at fault (in the wrong)