location; description of a location
suit
address
clearance
formula

We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents

Because, Claudia is older than Eva and Mary | Why "goes in" not "goes of"?
We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 07, 2010 19:03 pm   We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents

"You are missing the point. The crux of the ......... is that the company can't afford to give people company vehicles anymore. We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents," Lisa told her assistant.

(a) matter
(b) mass
(c) balance
(d) talk

"You are missing the point. The crux of the matter is that the company can't afford to give people company vehicles anymore. We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents," Lisa told her assistant.

Correct answer: (a) matter

_________________________

Could someone please explain what "We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents," means?

Baubau

We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 07, 2010 20:36 pm   We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents

There's a typo in that phrase. We'll remove it right away.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 am   We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents

Thanks Linda, I can't wait to read the corrected phrase (in all honesty, I can't figure out what it should look like by myself).
Baubau

We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 am   We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents

It should read: Due to..................
_________________

We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents #5 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 am   We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents

Oh, so it should be something like "We aren't stopping due to trust issues or accidents, but because the company is in a precarious financial state."
Yet another strange blindness on my part (because this is so simple), arghh...
Thank you very much Kitosdad.
Baubau

We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents #6 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 16:45 pm   We aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidents

Hi Baubau,
Yes, you're correct. It should read something like that, but we just removed that sentence because it's not needed.
_________________

Meaning of valuedMeaning of debatablenicer vs nicest vs much niceHow come there's 'an' while there clearly should be 'the'?Meaning of tax creditdrag onmean vs meantHurry or Hurry up..?What does as far as mean?What's the difference between degree Celsius and degree Centigrade?What does "in due course" mean? Is it an idiom?What is the meaning of the phrase "To cut along"?Difference between FIT and SUIT