clear; evident; simple; flat; smooth
striped
diverse
proof
plain

Meaning of tax credit

drag on | Please define the term 'dry run' for me!
Meaning of tax credit #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 07, 2010 20:38 pm   Meaning of tax credit

ESL/EFL Test #717 "Recession and Financial Terms (2)", question 9

In addition to injecting currency into the economy to spur growth, President Obama created a temporary tax ......... for first-time homebuyers. If eligible for one of these, a tax payer can reduce his or her tax liability by a specified amount.

(a) hike
(b) credit
(c) negotiation
(d) disappearance

ESL/EFL Test #717 "Recession and Financial Terms (2)", answer 9

In addition to injecting currency into the economy to spur growth, President Obama created a temporary tax credit for first-time homebuyers. If eligible for one of these, a tax payer can reduce his or her tax liability by a specified amount.

Correct answer: (b) credit

In addition to injecting currency into the economy to spur growth, President Obama created a temporary tax negotiation for first-time homebuyers. If eligible for one of these, a tax payer can reduce his or her tax liability by a specified amount.
_________________________

I think there is an error here
VioletaNicoleta

Meaning of tax credit #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 07, 2010 21:04 pm   Meaning of tax credit

No, tax credit is the right answer. Tax 'negotiation' is the wrong answer.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
How come there's 'an' while there clearly should be 'the'?Because, Claudia is older than Eva and MaryWe aren't stopping do to trust issues or accidentsnot the brightest star in the skymean vs meantHurry or Hurry up..?What does as far as mean?Which tense is often used to write a poem or story?What's the difference between degree Celsius and degree Centigrade?What is turnaround fianacing? Is it an amount of money or a method something?what is the meaning of foreshadowing?Idiom: come to the pointWhy "goes in" not "goes of"?