before; at an earlier time; in the past; antecedently
abreast
particularly
beyond
previously

Meaning of 'Put money towards'

meaning of pounded | What does 'the devil's advocate' mean?
Meaning of 'Put money towards' #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:01 am   Meaning of 'Put money towards'

ESL/EFL Test #768 "Money: Phrasal Verbs (3)", question 9

I'm putting money ......... my son's tuition expenses. I've always wanted to help him with his post-secondary education costs.

(a) towards
(b) by
(c) off
(d) down

ESL/EFL Test #768 "Money: Phrasal Verbs (3)", answer 9

I'm putting money towards my son's tuition expenses. I've always wanted to help him with his post-secondary education costs.

Correct answer: (a) towards
_________________________

Can you please provide an explanation?

Liur
Liur

Meaning of 'Put money towards' #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:20 am   Meaning of 'Put money towards'

To 'Put money towards' something, means either to pay part of the costs or to save up deposits to reach your goal.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Asking about this particular questionwhat does insecurity mean?Use "filthy" just in the meaning of "dirty"I've got my mind set on youDon't forget to buy Monica a present...you(s) own vs you(p) own"to buy out" vs. "to buy up".Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further'Difference between all synonyms of 'exchange'Thrash versus strikeStrike versus beat"well done" vs. "well made"Meaning of 'errand'