at the end; last; ultimate; decisive; conclusive; definitive
initiative
convenient
final
town

What does 'the devil's advocate' mean?

Meaning of 'Put money towards' | "to buy out" vs. "to buy up".
What does 'the devil's advocate' mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:41 am   What does 'the devil's advocate' mean?

Jennifer decided to play the devil's ......... in order to add another perspective to the one-sided conversation.

(a) buddy
(b) helper
(c) favorite
(d) advocate

Jennifer decided to play the devil's advocate in order to add another perspective to the one-sided conversation.

Correct answer: (d) advocate

Jennifer decided to play the devil's buddy in order to add another perspective to the one-sided conversation.
_________________________

What does 'the devil's advocate' mean?
Watie

Location: Indonesia

What does 'the devil's advocate' mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 10, 2010 13:08 pm   What does 'the devil's advocate' mean?

Someone who takes the opposite side just for the sake of argument or discussion.

Jennifer might not have agreed with/believed in what she was saying, but she was stating the opposite view to whoever she was talking to in order to make sure the topic was fully discussed.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Asking about this particular questionwhat does insecurity mean?Use "filthy" just in the meaning of "dirty"I've got my mind set on youDon't forget to buy Monica a present...you(s) own vs you(p) ownIs this right vs. Is this correct?Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further'meaning of poundedDifference between all synonyms of 'exchange'Thrash versus strikeStrike versus beat"well done" vs. "well made"