inner; inside; located within; of a country's domestic affairs
credible
internal
bonded
total

what does insecurity mean?

Asking about this particular question | Use "filthy" just in the meaning of "dirty"
what does insecurity mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:55 am   what does insecurity mean?

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #117 "Synonyms for 'threat' and 'danger'", question 7

Your life is in constant ......... if you always drive as fast as this.

(a) crisis
(b) adventure
(c) danger
(d) insecurity

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #117 "Synonyms for 'threat' and 'danger'", answer 7

Your life is in constant danger if you always drive as fast as this.

Correct answer: (c) danger
_________________________

what does insecurity mean?

Izzo
Izzo

what does insecurity mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:43 am   what does insecurity mean?

lacking security or safety "His job is insecure because the company is struggling."
not firm or fixed "That shelf is insecure and could fall down at any time."
not safe from attack/danger "Jen felt insecure as she walked towards the gang of men." "The bicycle was insecure without a lock."
feeling anxious in certain situations (lacking confidence) "Paul did not get the job because he seemed insecure in the interview."

You cannot say something is in insecurity though, which is one of the reasons it cannot be used here.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What does body and sould mean?mental or physcial well-being?clip vs. clipsI've got my mind set on youWhat does 'the devil's advocate' mean?Meaning of 'Put money towards'"to buy out" vs. "to buy up".left a lot to be desired?Is this right vs. Is this correct?Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further'tell means raconte en francaismeaning of pounded"well done" vs. "well made"