Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to contrive false evidence against; to set up; to construct; to build; to fashion; to formulate
fine
dominate
deal
frame
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Why is English so difficult to understand?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
The citizens? | Meaning of PBS, SUV, INS
listening exercises
Why is English so difficult to understand? #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 15:57 pm   Why is English so difficult to understand?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #191 "Verb Tense Practice (8)", question 1

The hero ......... the dragon in the book I read.

(a) slay
(b) slew
(c) slaying
(d) is slaying

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #191 "Verb Tense Practice (8)", answer 1

The hero slew the dragon in the book I read.

Correct answer: (b) slew

in english there are many things different to understand, so i would like to ask you why in english is so difficult to know?
Stupy

Why is English so difficult to understand? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 13, 2010 21:04 pm   Why is English so difficult to understand?

English is difficult, but you can improve your English skills by taking tests and asking questions when you are confused. Take care.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Why is English so difficult to understand? #3 (permalink) Wed May 26, 2010 13:42 pm   Why is English so difficult to understand?

I'm confused now.. And I want to know why the answer is "slew" not "slay". What makes it past tense?
Thanks in advance... ^___^
Coozee
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Why is English so difficult to understand? #4 (permalink) Wed May 26, 2010 17:58 pm   Why is English so difficult to understand?

The fact that it happened in the past.
(Both the reading of the book and the slaying of the dragon!)
Language Coach

The citizens? | Meaning of PBS, SUV, INS
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
I am cofusing 'make' and 'makes'What does the meaning of drink out of it?Phrase: I want to have some fun this weekend.Wouldn't "what's GOTTEN into him." sound more natural?Would you explain for me why using HAVE in this sentence?Its rather be an used car, not a used!Meaning of exhaustedWhat does 'on your marks' mean?What does 'beside the mark' mean?What does 'refuse' mean?What does 'in character' mean?What does 'calamity' mean?Error should be followed by an