to contrive false evidence against; to set up; to construct; to build; to fashion; to formulate
fine
dominate
deal
frame

Why is English so difficult to understand?

The citizens? | Meaning of PBS, SUV, INS
Why is English so difficult to understand? #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 15:57 pm   Why is English so difficult to understand?

ESL/EFL Test #191 "Verb Tense Practice (8)", question 1

The hero ......... the dragon in the book I read.

(a) slay
(b) slew
(c) slaying
(d) is slaying

ESL/EFL Test #191 "Verb Tense Practice (8)", answer 1

The hero slew the dragon in the book I read.

Correct answer: (b) slew
_________________________

in english there are many things different to understand, so i would like to ask you why in english is so difficult to know?
Stupy

Why is English so difficult to understand? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 13, 2010 21:04 pm   Why is English so difficult to understand?

English is difficult, but you can improve your English skills by taking tests and asking questions when you are confused. Take care.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Why is English so difficult to understand? #3 (permalink) Wed May 26, 2010 13:42 pm   Why is English so difficult to understand?

I'm confused now.. And I want to know why the answer is "slew" not "slay". What makes it past tense?
Thanks in advance... ^___^
Coozee

Location: Indonesia

Why is English so difficult to understand? #4 (permalink) Wed May 26, 2010 17:58 pm   Why is English so difficult to understand?

The fact that it happened in the past.
(Both the reading of the book and the slaying of the dragon!)
_________________

I am cofusing 'make' and 'makes'What does the meaning of drink out of it?Phrase: I want to have some fun this weekend.Wouldn't "what's GOTTEN into him." sound more natural?Would you explain for me why using HAVE in this sentence?Its rather be an used car, not a used!Meaning of exhaustedWhat does 'on your marks' mean?What does 'beside the mark' mean?What does 'refuse' mean?What does 'in character' mean?What does 'calamity' mean?Error should be followed by an