small purse used to carry money and personal documents; billfold; handbag
substitute
management
levy
wallet

Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'?

For no other reason? | The average game developer's compensation is around 100 000 bucks...
Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'? #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 14, 2010 13:14 pm   Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'?

ESL/EFL Test #90 "Tenses (1)", question 6

Where did you ......... for your holiday in the end?

(a) went
(b) gone
(c) go
(d) going

ESL/EFL Test #90 "Tenses (1)", answer 6

Where did you go for your holiday in the end?

Correct answer: (c) go
_________________________

Uhmmm I'm new to english and so far I only learn from the movies. This might be a silly question, but I really don't understand. Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went', I mean didn't the question use 'did' and the last phrase 'in the end' should emphasize that he/she already had the holiday? Thanks in advance
Bimo
Bimo

Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'? #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:27 am   Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'?

The auxiliary verb 'did' is already simple past. 'Did' is followed by an infinitive:
Where did you go?
Where did you live?
When did they call?
Why did you leave?

TOEFL listening lectures: Which event or development did not strongly influence the history of bread?

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does see a doctor mean?Seeing vs. watchingI'm not going to take it anymore?What do these words mean: watch, look, see?What's the difference between see and look and watch?aggressive vs argumentativeI wonder where are the questions of Irregular Verbs Test (1)?What does to prey on mean?fully vs. completelysee + infinitive vs. see + gerundWhy can't we say 'Geraniums been growing here'?wrinkles vs. twistsbasketball tryout?