to confirm the truth of something
hide
verify
pitch
consume

What do these words mean: watch, look, see?

What does see a doctor mean? | What's the difference between see and look and watch?
What do these words mean: watch, look, see? #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 19, 2010 14:09 pm   What do these words mean: watch, look, see?

ESL/EFL Test #831 "Look, See and Watch (2)", question 9

You'd better follow the rules now. The principal is ......... you and you could get expelled if you get into trouble one more time.

(a) looking
(b) seeing
(c) seen
(d) watching

ESL/EFL Test #831 "Look, See and Watch (2)", answer 9

You'd better follow the rules now. The principal is watching you and you could get expelled if you get into trouble one more time.

Correct answer: (d) watching
_________________________

i am very apologize to you because i do not understand with watch, look, see.
could you explaint the way to use for me ?
how many ways do i observe them?
Stupy

What do these words mean: watch, look, see? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 20, 2010 22:00 pm   What do these words mean: watch, look, see?

look: to pay attention to something; it seems
see: to understand; a visual image you see with your eyes
watch: to look at something for a period of time; to monitor something
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'in no time' mean?Seeing vs. watchingI'm not going to take it anymore?For no other reason?She watched?What does it mean 'words just fail me'?spell checker?Reported speech?Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'?The average game developer's compensation is around 100 000 bucks...aggressive vs argumentativeI wonder where are the questions of Irregular Verbs Test (1)?Difference between advice and suggestion?