to specialize in a certain field
major
perceive
command
interest

Pronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself.

A question about : tired | Poem: What God has joined together, No human being must separate...
Pronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself. #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 20, 2010 18:48 pm   Pronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself.

1) He did it himself.
2) He did it on his own.
3) He did it by himself.

Are all grammatically correct and same in meaning?

David30

Pronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself. #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 20, 2010 20:09 pm   Pronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself.

They're all correct and number 2 differs very slightly in meaning from numbers 1 and 3.

He did it himself/ He did it by himself - Nobody else did it for him.

He did it on his own - Nobody else helped him to do it.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Pronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself. #3 (permalink) Tue Apr 20, 2010 20:24 pm   Pronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself.

Thanks Beeeesneeees
David30

meaning: hypervenerateabout that and about it.IF clauseIs this correct?BONY SCOTLANDThe Alan's text "Learning to teach"Difference between progress and progressionMeanig of "before he didn't leap up""to be" and modals before adverb?Phrase "keeping score at home""a day before" vs "the day before"Fraction: a half vs one half; a third vs one third; a fourth vs one fourthNeed some help with the English Newsletter - Potatoes!