delivery; dispatch; conveyance
consignment
index
significance
trustee

about that and about it.

Fraction: a half vs one half; a third vs one third; a fourth vs one fourth | Seem: It seemed (like) a normal day at school
about that and about it. #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:58 am   about that and about it.

Please, who can help me? Is there difference between the following senteces¨ I tottaly forgot about that¨ and ¨I forgot about it¨. Are both correct? Thanks.
Cristovam

about that and about it. #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 am   about that and about it.

I would think the difference, if any, lies in deixis: that [+deictic] vs. it [-deictic]. Very sorry for the abstraction and lack of better expression! Anyway, both are correct grammatically. BTW, it was totally.
Haihao

Location: Japan

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
about that and about it. #3 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:15 am   about that and about it.

By referring to 'that' you are talking about something specific but reference to 'it' merely completes the sense of the verb as in:

A You know it will cost a lot of money?

B I haven't forgotten about that. (the actual money)

A You know what I think?

B No.

A Just forget it. (the whole idea)

_________________

glimpse vs flashIs it called a simple sentence with two predicates?Poem: What God has joined together, No human being must separate...meaning: hypervenerateAct & actionPronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself.IF clauseA question about : tiredThe Alan's text "Learning to teach"Meanig of "before he didn't leap up"Phrase "keeping score at home"Supply or provide?Need some help with the English Newsletter - Potatoes!