Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to illustrate; to elucidate; to interpret; to describe; to define
explain
voice
lecture
impede
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

meaning: hypervenerate

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
The Alan's text "Learning to teach" | Fraction: a half vs one half; a third vs one third; a fourth vs one fourth
listening exercises
meaning: hypervenerate #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:05 am   meaning: hypervenerate

Hi everyone
I am asked to translate a psychology report and have a problem with one word, hypervenerate.

I know venerate means worship, but it doesn't make sense in the sentence I am translating now. The sentence is as follows:

"According to the mother, David would cry uncontrollably at times, hypervenerate, and shake violently"

The mother was asked to describe what David was like when he was a toddler. Then, she answered as above.

Could anyone tell me the meaning in this context?

Thanks in advance!
Belconnen

meaning: hypervenerate #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 am   meaning: hypervenerate

Hi,
I think it must be "hyperventilate"(NOT hypervenerate) which means to breathe too quickly or too deeply, so that you get too much oxygen and feel dizzy.
Regards,
Morteza
Morteza
I'm here quite often ;-)

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning: hypervenerate #3 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 am   meaning: hypervenerate

Hi Morteza
Thank you very much for your reply. You must be right! Yeah, I thought of spelling error or something but did not come up with hyperventilate.

Thank you again!
Belconnen

The Alan's text "Learning to teach" | Fraction: a half vs one half; a third vs one third; a fourth vs one fourth
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Is it called a simple sentence with two predicates?Poem: What God has joined together, No human being must separate...about that and about it.Pronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself.IF clauseIs this correct?A question about : tiredDifference between progress and progressionMeanig of "before he didn't leap up"Phrase "keeping score at home"Supply or provide?Need some help with the English Newsletter - Potatoes!What does euphemistic mean? (English language newsletter):