to illustrate; to elucidate; to interpret; to describe; to define
explain
voice
lecture
impede

meaning: hypervenerate

The Alan's text "Learning to teach" | Fraction: a half vs one half; a third vs one third; a fourth vs one fourth
meaning: hypervenerate #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:05 am   meaning: hypervenerate

Hi everyone
I am asked to translate a psychology report and have a problem with one word, hypervenerate.

I know venerate means worship, but it doesn't make sense in the sentence I am translating now. The sentence is as follows:

"According to the mother, David would cry uncontrollably at times, hypervenerate, and shake violently"

The mother was asked to describe what David was like when he was a toddler. Then, she answered as above.

Could anyone tell me the meaning in this context?

Thanks in advance!
Belconnen

meaning: hypervenerate #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 am   meaning: hypervenerate

I think it must be "hyperventilate"(NOT hypervenerate) which means to breathe too quickly or too deeply, so that you get too much oxygen and feel dizzy.
Morteza
Morteza

Location: Iran

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning: hypervenerate #3 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 am   meaning: hypervenerate

Hi Morteza
Thank you very much for your reply. You must be right! Yeah, I thought of spelling error or something but did not come up with hyperventilate.

Thank you again!
Belconnen

Is it called a simple sentence with two predicates?Poem: What God has joined together, No human being must separate...about that and about it.Pronoun: He did it himself. vs He did it on his own. vs He did it by himself.IF clauseIs this correct?A question about : tiredDifference between progress and progressionMeanig of "before he didn't leap up"Phrase "keeping score at home"Supply or provide?Need some help with the English Newsletter - Potatoes!What does euphemistic mean? (English language newsletter):