division of a company; section; area
formal
breakdown
grasp
department

meaning of cigarette paper

I paid for the shoes already | What is the meaning of antonym?
meaning of cigarette paper #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:28 am   meaning of cigarette paper

He was glad that his son liked the same things he did, especially fishing. His kid was a regular ......... off the old block.

(a) sock
(b) half
(c) chip
(d) copy

He was glad that his son liked the same things he did, especially fishing. His kid was a regular chip off the old block.

Correct answer: (c) chip
_________________________

what is the meaning of cigarette paper difference & how it is used in an expression

channa
channa

meaning of cigarette paper #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:28 am   meaning of cigarette paper

It means 'very little or no discernible difference', and its uses in context can be found HERE.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Fleeing the countryIs she bringing you down?What does 'take the heat' mean?Clear vs. clearlyI wonder where are the questions of Irregular Verbs Test (1)?What does to prey on mean?fully vs. completelysee + infinitive vs. see + gerundWhy can't we say 'Geraniums been growing here'?wrinkles vs. twistsbasketball tryout?Difference between game and sportIsn't SO missing between OUT and SHE?