Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to authorize; to appoint as representative; to pass a duty or responsibility on to someone else
suit
receipt
explain
delegate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Spill the beans?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What are conference arrangements? | Why the opposite meaning of sour is sweet and why not salty or bitter?
listening exercises
Spill the beans? #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:10 am   Spill the beans?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #662 "English Slang Idioms (404)", question 3

"Bob isn't very knowledgeable, but he sure can ......... a yarn. That guy has some of the funniest stories I've ever heard," Christian said to Kyle.

(a) knit
(b) wind
(c) spin
(d) dye

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #662 "English Slang Idioms (404)", answer 3

"Bob isn't very knowledgeable, but he sure can spin a yarn. That guy has some of the funniest stories I've ever heard," Christian said to Kyle.

Correct answer: (c) spin

I need more answers to give the option to choose the correct, this is for the question on idiom spill the beans
Benay

Spill the beans? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:37 am   Spill the beans?

Sorry, but I do not understand your problem. Could you explain in more detail?

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What are conference arrangements? | Why the opposite meaning of sour is sweet and why not salty or bitter?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
carry-on luggageNo passport required?Herd the animals?What does 'rake' mean?Where should I go to ask for some ADVICE? :)Will tree?Clear vs. clearlyWhy are you crying?Isn't SO missing between OUT and SHE?'Happen to know' vs 'know by chance'meaning of "He spilled water on my paperwork"Is the "s" with apostroph a mistake?Why do instead of make?