to permit; to approve; to empower
compromise
summarize
authorize
familiarize

Business has taken so long to conclude

Meaning and explanation about the term "progress report" | Why don't you play with your sister?
Business has taken so long to conclude #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2005 16:57 pm   Business has taken so long to conclude

ESL/EFL Test "How to ask a question", question 3

Could I know why the business has ......... so long to conclude?

(a) lasted
(b) endured
(c) taken
(d) found

ESL/EFL Test "How to ask a question", answer 3

Could I know why the business has taken so long to conclude?

Correct answer: (c) taken
_________________________

could you please explain to me this?
Rasputin

Conclude #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2005 19:47 pm   Conclude

Hi Rasputin,

This sentence means: I want to know and I am asking why it has taken such a long time to finish/complete our business.

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Business has taken so long to conclude #3 (permalink) Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:16 am   Business has taken so long to conclude

Now I looked up in the dictionary only to put and to take it is impossible to learn the collocations, expressions phrasal verbs only of these two verbs.
I was happy that this sentence didn't cause any problem because I knew "It took me a long time " so I understand...'why the business has taken so long'.
Thanks:
kati Svaby
_________________

in stockdeath warmed overthe death by a thousand cuts.you're dead wrongdead to the worlddead rightdead meatdown colddead eventhe mother of the bride weptbalance vs controlUsage of "going to"Meaning of 'she started glaring'?