help; assistance; accessory
skill
thought
aid
rear

reliable and cheap?

What does hang out mean? Is it a phrasal verb? | Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?
reliable and cheap? #1 (permalink) Fri May 07, 2010 4:49 am   reliable and cheap?

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Various Conjunctions (5)", question 3

I want a car that is reliable ......... cheap on gas.

(a) if
(b) so
(c) and
(d) for

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Various Conjunctions (5)", answer 3

I want a car that is reliable and cheap on gas.

Correct answer: (c) and

I want a car that is reliable so cheap on gas.
_________________________

why we must use so in this test tell me the reason

jaja English Learner
jaja

reliable and cheap? #2 (permalink) Fri May 07, 2010 6:11 am   reliable and cheap?

It is the only one of the options that relates the two parts correctly. You have to make it clear that one condition relies on the other.

In this test you need to use a word that indicates that the car is reliable and that is the reason it will be cheaper on gas.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
reliable and cheap? #3 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 6:09 am   reliable and cheap?

'So' is not the correct answer, jaja. The correct answer is 'and', which is written above your question. You answered 'so' incorrectly, perhaps by accident?
_________________

reliable and cheap? #4 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 8:53 am   reliable and cheap?

Oops. I should have read the question as well as Jaja's comment! Thanks MM.
_________________

The skating pair?Action: He arrives in California at 10:00."No sweat" does it the same as "without breaking a sweat"?You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro.Meaning of "neat and tidy"'An average joe' vs 'An average machine'A squirrel is an object. vs A stone is an object."an apple tree" vs "a apple tree"Difference between "strange" and "odd"Pack vs. packageWhat does 'chap' mean?'Did you leave' vs 'Would you leave'problem vs puzzle