Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

help; assistance; accessory
skill
thought
aid
rear
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

reliable and cheap?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does hang out mean? Is it a phrasal verb? | Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?
listening exercises
reliable and cheap? #1 (permalink) Fri May 07, 2010 4:49 am   reliable and cheap?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Various Conjunctions (5)", question 3

I want a car that is reliable ......... cheap on gas.

(a) if
(b) so
(c) and
(d) for

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Various Conjunctions (5)", answer 3

I want a car that is reliable and cheap on gas.

Correct answer: (c) and

Your answer was: incorrect
I want a car that is reliable so cheap on gas.

why we must use so in this test tell me the reason

jaja English Learner
jaja

reliable and cheap? #2 (permalink) Fri May 07, 2010 6:11 am   reliable and cheap?

It is the only one of the options that relates the two parts correctly. You have to make it clear that one condition relies on the other.

In this test you need to use a word that indicates that the car is reliable and that is the reason it will be cheaper on gas.
Language Coach

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
reliable and cheap? #3 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 6:09 am   reliable and cheap?

'So' is not the correct answer, jaja. The correct answer is 'and', which is written above your question. You answered 'so' incorrectly, perhaps by accident?

reliable and cheap? #4 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 8:53 am   reliable and cheap?

Oops. I should have read the question as well as Jaja's comment! Thanks MM.
Language Coach

What does hang out mean? Is it a phrasal verb? | Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
The skating pair?Action: He arrives in California at 10:00."No sweat" does it the same as "without breaking a sweat"?You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro.Meaning of "neat and tidy"'An average joe' vs 'An average machine'A squirrel is an object. vs A stone is an object."an apple tree" vs "a apple tree"Difference between "strange" and "odd"Pack vs. packageWhat does 'chap' mean?'Did you leave' vs 'Would you leave'problem vs puzzle