person who has the right to grant a license
relation
franchisor
anchor
photographer

Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?

reliable and cheap? | Meaning of "neat and tidy"
Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans? #1 (permalink) Sat May 08, 2010 17:15 pm   Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?

ESL/EFL Test #136 "Vocabulary Practice: Bees (1)", question 7

Large, hairy bees that work together are also called ......... bees.

(a) site
(b) bumble
(c) bramble
(d) brush

ESL/EFL Test #136 "Vocabulary Practice: Bees (1)", answer 7

Large, hairy bees that work together are also called bumble bees.

Correct answer: (b) bumble

Large, hairy bees that work together are also called site bees.
_________________________

Hello, I have a question: aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans? If it's so, I think this question is a bit out of subject. Sorry, if I'm not right.
Maxmax

Location: Belarus

Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans? #2 (permalink) Sat May 08, 2010 17:19 pm   Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?

In addition, as I know, bumble bees live in a ground holes, mostly alone.
Maxmax

Location: Belarus

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans? #3 (permalink) Sat May 08, 2010 22:48 pm   Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?

Bumble bees live in nests in colonies, and they work together (The nest comprises the queen, the female workers and the male drones). They are wild insects, but that does not affect the answer to the question.

The question above doesn't mention anything about the bees being kept by humans. They work together in the wild.
_________________

Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans? #4 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 18:30 pm   Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?

Oh, I'm sorry. Probably, I've muddled everything up.
Maxmax

Location: Belarus

Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans? #5 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 21:34 pm   Aren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?

No problem. It shows that you are really thinking about things and not taking them at face value.
_________________

The skating pair?Action: He arrives in California at 10:00."No sweat" does it the same as "without breaking a sweat"?You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro.'An average joe' vs 'An average machine'Meaning of revolutionizedA squirrel is an object. vs A stone is an object."an apple tree" vs "a apple tree"Difference between "strange" and "odd"What does 'chap' mean?'Did you leave' vs 'Would you leave'problem vs puzzleWhat does hang out mean? Is it a phrasal verb?