Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to find fault; to express displeasure; to protest
complain
demonstrate
tackle
undercut
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

'An average joe' vs 'An average machine'

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro. | problem vs puzzle
listening exercises
'An average joe' vs 'An average machine' #1 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 17:35 pm   'An average joe' vs 'An average machine'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #307 "English Slang Idioms (29)", question 6

He knew he would be able to excel in his job. An average ......... could do any of the required duties.

(a) cat
(b) joe
(c) tool
(d) machine

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #307 "English Slang Idioms (29)", answer 6

He knew he would be able to excel in his job. An average joe could do any of the required duties.

Correct answer: (b) joe

is an average machine correct here?

Nigmatullina
Nigmatullinas

'An average joe' vs 'An average machine' #2 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 11:58 am   'An average joe' vs 'An average machine'

No. The correct answer is indicated above your question.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
'An average joe' vs 'An average machine' #3 (permalink) Tue May 11, 2010 10:44 am   'An average joe' vs 'An average machine'

An average joe means an average person. I think machine totally makes no sense here.
Ctnsite
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro. | problem vs puzzle
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
I make gravy when I roast a turkey. vs I make lights when I roast a turkey.The skating pair?Action: He arrives in California at 10:00."No sweat" does it the same as "without breaking a sweat"?You really burned your fingers this time?Meaning of "neat and tidy"Meaning of revolutionizedMeaning of illnessAren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?A squirrel is an object. vs A stone is an object."an apple tree" vs "a apple tree"Difference between "strange" and "odd"reliable and cheap?