large batch of letters sent at one time by a single sender; rented property
border
recession
leader
mailing

You really burned your fingers this time?

Meaning of illness | We always use "is a" not "are a"...
You really burned your fingers this time? #1 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 3:52 am   You really burned your fingers this time?

"You really ......... your fingers this time, Matt. I bet you won't smash people's mailboxes anymore after working all summer to pay the neighbors for your pranks," his sister said.

(a) burned
(b) sucked
(c) oiled
(d) rubbed

"You really burned your fingers this time, Matt. I bet you won't smash people's mailboxes anymore after working all summer to pay the neighbors for your pranks," his sister said.

Correct answer: (a) burned
_________________________

is you burned yuor fingers correct? Thanks a lot.
Nigmatullina

Location: Russian Federation

You really burned your fingers this time? #2 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 9:29 am   You really burned your fingers this time?

hi Nigma..........,

I think burning one's fingers himself (burned your fingers/ "yourself" is just omitted here) is a well known saying also here in Germany. It means, that people after having failed and shouldered the outcomes of the mistake they probably will keep the results of certain doings in mind and usually not repeat it...................alike putting the own fingers into the fire, what people aren't likely to do again after experiencing the results. ( at least the majority of people aren't likely..............)
Foah

Location: next to Dortmund , Europe

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
You really burned your fingers this time? #3 (permalink) Thu May 13, 2010 4:40 am   You really burned your fingers this time?

This is the first time I've ever heard this saying, haha.
HelloJordan

Location: United States

Any idear or any idea...?Test incompl/inter-840, User's Answer 4What does wisdom mean?What do coal and cubicle mean?Test incompl/elem-247, User's Answer 10Sentence errorDifference between "a good many" and "many a good"?I make gravy when I roast a turkey. vs I make lights when I roast a turkey.The skating pair?Action: He arrives in California at 10:00."No sweat" does it the same as "without breaking a sweat"?shouldn't have any more beer?'An average joe' vs 'An average machine'