to show; to exhibit; to display; to expose; to disclose
cement
charge
reveal
instrument

You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro.

Adapt vs. adjust | 'An average joe' vs 'An average machine'
You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro. #1 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 8:46 am   You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro.

ESL/EFL Test #800 "21st Century Slang (2)", question 1

You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your .......... You can't just start a conversation bragging about the cool things you own. You have to be smooth and complimentary.

(a) intermission
(b) conclusion
(c) modification
(d) intro

ESL/EFL Test #800 "21st Century Slang (2)", answer 1

You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro. You can't just start a conversation bragging about the cool things you own. You have to be smooth and complimentary.

Correct answer: (d) intro

_________________________

Hello!

I don`t understand the meaning of the first sentence. Help me, please!

Sincerely yours,
Dina27

You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro. #2 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 11:57 am   You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro.

You will find a girl whom you can take to the school dance if you learn how to introduce yourself properly.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro. #3 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 12:14 pm   You'll find a date to the prom if you can fix your intro.

Hi, Mister Micawber

Thanks a lot! Now I understand! :-) :-) :-)

a date - a girlfriend
the prom - the school dance
to fix your intro - to introduce yourself properly

Dina
Dina27

I make gravy when I roast a turkey. vs I make lights when I roast a turkey.The skating pair?Action: He arrives in California at 10:00."No sweat" does it the same as "without breaking a sweat"?Meaning of "neat and tidy"Meaning of revolutionizedMeaning of illnessAren't bumble bees a kind of a wild insects that are not kept by humans?A squirrel is an object. vs A stone is an object."an apple tree" vs "a apple tree"Difference between "strange" and "odd"reliable and cheap?What does 'chap' mean?