Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

greater number or part; number greater than half of the total
discard
majority
regulations
anniversary
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Outlive natural distasters?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Where does the liability arise from? | One other thing?
listening exercises
Outlive natural distasters? #1 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 16:26 pm   Outlive natural distasters?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #636 "Real Life: Natural Disasters (1)", question 5

The people who outlive natural disasters, those who are not killed by the tragedies, are called the ..........

(a) foreigners
(b) missing
(c) relief workers
(d) survivors

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #636 "Real Life: Natural Disasters (1)", answer 5

The people who outlive natural disasters, those who are not killed by the tragedies, are called the survivors.

Correct answer: (d) survivors

kindly let me know the meaning outlive in this sentence
Neelam2
You can meet me at english-test.net

Outlive natural distasters? #2 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 20:27 pm   Outlive natural distasters?

People who survive natural disasters.

You can find the meaning of words by googling them or by looking them up in a dictionary. Also, 'kindly let me know' seems to be very popular expression in Indian English.

Please use the word 'please' instead of 'kindly' and start each sentence with a capital letter and put a period (full stop) at the end of each sentence.

TOEIC listening, talks: Interview with executive
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Outlive natural distasters? #3 (permalink) Tue May 11, 2010 14:20 pm   Outlive natural distasters?

Hi Torsten
I am very sorry . Next time I will take care putting full stop& writing 'please' instead of kindly.Sir Iam looking forward such kind of advice.
Very very Thanks.
Neelam2
You can meet me at english-test.net

Outlive natural distasters? #4 (permalink) Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:59 am   Outlive natural distasters?

You're welcome, Neelam.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A family eating dinner
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Where does the liability arise from? | One other thing?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does forfeit mean?Why does this question finish with 'yet'?What does down here mean?Should vs. should'veIn due course?Is cowardly an adjective?We'll have to agree to disagree.What is the difference between concept and idea?So what do you know about prepositions?Can be able vs. should be ableWhat does slither mean?'from the library' vs 'in the library'What does 'sequence' mean?