extreme; intense; severe
representative
prevalent
pretentious
drastic

His father is ... M.L.A.

The tallest building in the country. vs The tallest building of the country. | Do vests have sleeves?
His father is ... M.L.A. #1 (permalink) Mon May 17, 2010 11:17 am   His father is ... M.L.A.

ESL/EFL Test #220 "Articles (1)", question 1

She is ......... tallest girl in the school.

(a) a
(b) an
(c) the
(d) (none)

ESL/EFL Test #220 "Articles (1)", answer 1

She is the tallest girl in the school.

Correct answer: (c) the
_________________________

His father is ......... M..L.A.

(a) a
(b) an
(c) the
(d) (none)

waht is the oorect answer
Stupy

His father is ... M.L.A. #2 (permalink) Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 am   His father is ... M.L.A.

(b) an
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
His father is ... M.L.A. #3 (permalink) Wed May 19, 2010 21:12 pm   His father is ... M.L.A.

I agree with Mr Micawber but I've got the same question too, what do we mean by saying MLA? Medical Laboratory Assistant? Mandated Lead Arranger? Member of (the) Legislative Assembly? Master of Liberal Arts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLA
BenDover23

His father is ... M.L.A. #4 (permalink) Wed May 19, 2010 23:01 pm   His father is ... M.L.A.

You must exercise some common sense, Ben. Which of those fit reasonably into the sentence?
_________________

His father is ... M.L.A. #5 (permalink) Thu May 20, 2010 13:50 pm   His father is ... M.L.A.

Medical Laboratory Assistant & Member of (the) Legislative Assembly look good to me..

Master of Liberal Arts is more of an academic degree than something that connotes a job

Mandated Lead Arranger is obviously not a common expression.
BenDover23

His father is ... M.L.A. #6 (permalink) Thu May 20, 2010 13:57 pm   His father is ... M.L.A.

Yes, I'd go with the politician, but only the question writer knows for sure.
_________________

What does applause mean?Count nouns -- is or are?Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?How to use the "marry to"?The week of the 12th."too many people" vs "a lot many people"What does 'helped his friend off' mean?What does appropriate mean?Doesn't a comma come after when?Loaded car?Parents mean old parents?Who vs. whomWhat does "hard luck" mean?