Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

extreme; intense; severe
representative
prevalent
pretentious
drastic
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

His father is ... M.L.A.

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
The tallest building in the country. vs The tallest building of the country. | Do vests have sleeves?
listening exercises
His father is ... M.L.A. #1 (permalink) Mon May 17, 2010 11:17 am   His father is ... M.L.A.

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #220 "Articles (1)", question 1

She is ......... tallest girl in the school.

(a) a
(b) an
(c) the
(d) (none)

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #220 "Articles (1)", answer 1

She is the tallest girl in the school.

Correct answer: (c) the

His father is ......... M..L.A.

(a) a
(b) an
(c) the
(d) (none)

waht is the oorect answer
Stupy

His father is ... M.L.A. #2 (permalink) Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 am   His father is ... M.L.A.

(b) an

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
His father is ... M.L.A. #3 (permalink) Wed May 19, 2010 21:12 pm   His father is ... M.L.A.

I agree with Mr Micawber but I've got the same question too, what do we mean by saying MLA? Medical Laboratory Assistant? Mandated Lead Arranger? Member of (the) Legislative Assembly? Master of Liberal Arts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLA
BenDover23
I'm here quite often ;-)

His father is ... M.L.A. #4 (permalink) Wed May 19, 2010 23:01 pm   His father is ... M.L.A.

You must exercise some common sense, Ben. Which of those fit reasonably into the sentence?

His father is ... M.L.A. #5 (permalink) Thu May 20, 2010 13:50 pm   His father is ... M.L.A.

Medical Laboratory Assistant & Member of (the) Legislative Assembly look good to me..

Master of Liberal Arts is more of an academic degree than something that connotes a job

Mandated Lead Arranger is obviously not a common expression.
BenDover23
I'm here quite often ;-)

His father is ... M.L.A. #6 (permalink) Thu May 20, 2010 13:57 pm   His father is ... M.L.A.

Yes, I'd go with the politician, but only the question writer knows for sure.

The tallest building in the country. vs The tallest building of the country. | Do vests have sleeves?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does applause mean?Count nouns -- is or are?Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?How to use the "marry to"?The week of the 12th."too many people" vs "a lot many people"What does 'helped his friend off' mean?What does appropriate mean?Doesn't a comma come after when?Loaded car?Parents mean old parents?Who vs. whomWhat does "hard luck" mean?