greater number or part; number greater than half of the total
discard
majority
regulations
anniversary

The week of the 12th.

How to use the "marry to"? | Count nouns -- is or are?
The week of the 12th. #1 (permalink) Thu May 20, 2010 19:52 pm   The week of the 12th.

Hello! I can't get a meaning of that sentense "The week of the 12th." Is it about future, present or past time? Is this a 12th day of a month , or this is a 12th week of a year?
Olgavic

Location: Ukraine

The week of the 12th. #2 (permalink) Thu May 20, 2010 20:50 pm   The week of the 12th.

Hi Olgavic,

I think this would usually be said as 'the week beginning the 12th' and would refer to the 12th day in the current month. If you were talking to someone and arranging a date to meet, you could say simply: We'll meet the week of the 12th and this would again suggest the 12th day of the current month and it would be assumed that everyone knew the exact day because it would be a regular day on which you meet each month.

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
The week of the 12th. #3 (permalink) Fri May 21, 2010 15:36 pm   The week of the 12th.

Hi Alan! Thank you very much for the explanation.
Olgavic

Location: Ukraine

'a few apples' vs 'a lots of apples'What does applause mean?Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?Do vests have sleeves?The tallest building in the country. vs The tallest building of the country."too many people" vs "a lot many people"What does 'helped his friend off' mean?What does appropriate mean?His father is ... M.L.A.Parents mean old parents?Who vs. whomDifference between vision and viewI can do it...