Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

ready for use; attainable; present; vail
liable
honest
available
exclusively
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
"too many people" vs "a lot many people" | How to use the "marry to"?
listening exercises
Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring? #1 (permalink) Fri May 21, 2010 11:20 am   Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #838 "Real Life: Marriage (1)", question 10

Before the wedding, James bought Monica an engagement ring. Then, prior to the wedding day, James bought a gold wedding ......... for his bride. He will also wear this kind of ring, once they are officially married, to symbolize his love and commitment to his wife.

(a) bomb
(b) plant
(c) song
(d) band

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #838 "Real Life: Marriage (1)", answer 10

Before the wedding, James bought Monica an engagement ring. Then, prior to the wedding day, James bought a gold wedding band for his bride. He will also wear this kind of ring, once they are officially married, to symbolize his love and commitment to his wife.

Correct answer: (d) band

Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?
thanks.

Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring? #2 (permalink) Fri May 21, 2010 15:34 pm   Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?

A wedding band is a type of ring.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
"too many people" vs "a lot many people" | How to use the "marry to"?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
'a few apples' vs 'a lots of apples'What does applause mean?Count nouns -- is or are?The week of the 12th.Do vests have sleeves?The tallest building in the country. vs The tallest building of the country.What does 'helped his friend off' mean?What does appropriate mean?Doesn't a comma come after when?His father is ... M.L.A.Parents mean old parents?Who vs. whomSave vs. spare