ready for use; attainable; present; vail
liable
honest
available
exclusively

Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?

"too many people" vs "a lot many people" | How to use the "marry to"?
Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring? #1 (permalink) Fri May 21, 2010 11:20 am   Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?

ESL/EFL Test #838 "Real Life: Marriage (1)", question 10

Before the wedding, James bought Monica an engagement ring. Then, prior to the wedding day, James bought a gold wedding ......... for his bride. He will also wear this kind of ring, once they are officially married, to symbolize his love and commitment to his wife.

(a) bomb
(b) plant
(c) song
(d) band

ESL/EFL Test #838 "Real Life: Marriage (1)", answer 10

Before the wedding, James bought Monica an engagement ring. Then, prior to the wedding day, James bought a gold wedding band for his bride. He will also wear this kind of ring, once they are officially married, to symbolize his love and commitment to his wife.

Correct answer: (d) band
_________________________

thanks.
_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring? #2 (permalink) Fri May 21, 2010 15:34 pm   Why the answer is "band"? The same meaning with ring?

A wedding band is a type of ring.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
'a few apples' vs 'a lots of apples'What does applause mean?Count nouns -- is or are?The week of the 12th.Do vests have sleeves?The tallest building in the country. vs The tallest building of the country.What does 'helped his friend off' mean?What does appropriate mean?Doesn't a comma come after when?His father is ... M.L.A.Parents mean old parents?Who vs. whomSave vs. spare