pertaining to the sale of goods to final consumers; of the sale of merchandise to end users
retail
horrible
blanket
sophisticated

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next

ESL Forums | English for Beginners
Personal Profile (Unit 3) | doesn't vs. does not
Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #16 (permalink) Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:16 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

I see. Is this one advanced enough?

Let me know what you think.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Sitting on the dock

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #17 (permalink) Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:32 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Hi, Torten,

I am Helder again from Timor Leste.

I have compared the Personal Pronouns with the Possessive Adjectives.

But I want to ask you only one question.
I still don't understand what the different with the words of my and mine.
Could you please explain it to me?

Regards
Helder
Helder

Location: Timor

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
unit4 #18 (permalink) Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:19 am   unit4

Hello. Mr.Torsten
Thank you so so much for helping & teaching us.
my practice unit4.
My name' Miigaa and this is my husband. His name is Aagii. We have a dauther. she is 11 years old now.Iam very missing hers smile & smell. We're both working together in pulp molded producting company in Korea now. Its ligth factory. Most of our workers are foreigners.They are from Russia, China, and Vietnami. We're talking each other in mixing languages ( russian, korean, english).I understand his/her speaking very well (mix language).
Iam so worry my mistakes please correct me.
Miigaa

Location: Korea but mongolian

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #19 (permalink) Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:11 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Hi Torsten

Thank you for getting me to know about possessive adjectives and It can help me to understand and pinpoint it in a sentence.

Hope we have some more lesson in details like this.

fil
Filcanlas

Location: saudi arabia

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #20 (permalink) Sun Jul 20, 2008 19:15 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

thnx for the lesson it's easy but more interesting
Saad71

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #21 (permalink) Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Dear Sir,

Thank you for all effort you provide in this website and sorry for being late in replying. My name is Meera and I am studying Translation(Arabic- English) in UAE Uneversity. I love my major becuase it's interesting and I l'd like to be proffessional in it but I have to work hard to be fluent in English that's why I am here. I got 6 out of 10 in lesson number 3 and there was 3 mistakes in the 4th lesson. I will do my best in improving my level.

Best wishes,
Meera
Catreena_Uae

Location: Al Ain

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #22 (permalink) Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:08 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Dear Torsten Daerr,

Again introduce myself

I'm anbalagan, from india and i'm studing msc physics

I would like tell about my professer
he is a honest person
he has helping mind to our student
Anbalagan

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #23 (permalink) Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:33 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Dear Mr. Toresten,
Thanks for your Unit 3.
I am living in Ha Noi. It's capital of Viet Nam. It's not a modern city and very large but it's very beautiful. Its citizent is about 3000 peoples. HaNoi citizent now like living in the department of high modern building replacing by living in their small house as before.
Please correct for me if I made mistakes.
Thank a lot.
Hanh.
Hanh

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #24 (permalink) Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:04 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

I already knew this, but I'm 13 so these things always help me, and it impressed me (actually I don't know why, but this coincidences always do) that the day that message was posted - July 7th - it's my birthday day, :)
Well, eh .. I just wanted to say that this course is being helpful ..
RainyLondon

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #25 (permalink) Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:32 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

I'm Nutan. I am an Indian. I work in a public sector undertaking.
I like pets, especially dogs.
Nutandavid

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #26 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2008 20:34 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Hi Torsten.

Firstly I would like to thank you for this lesson.

Secondly I suggest to make this lesson in more details, I mean you have only mention the possessive adjectives, and I think it will be more useful to talk about how we can use possessive adjectives, in other words possessive adjectives can't stand alone in the sentence, it must be followed by name (e.g.:I can't say
this is my, the meaning is not complete), so I think it is better to put some examples to explain how to use possessive adjectives.

Finally I hope the next lessons will be attached with some examples.

Than you.
Monther

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #27 (permalink) Tue Oct 28, 2008 14:34 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

DEAR TORSTEN

First i thank you for the cource.My name is Sarah iam a Kenyan Ilive in Nairobi City and I work for an IT company.I just wanted to say that this cource is so helpful.Thank you so much and God bless you.

Sarah.
Sarah Khavaywa

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #28 (permalink) Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Hello Mr Torsten,

Thank you for your email with lesson 4 which I'm interested in.

This is my some sentences.

I have a son. His name is Tuandat. Tuandat 's mother is an accountant.

We live with my parents in Hanoi where is Vietnam's capital.

We have a big family, with my elder brother and younger brother.

Our family is very happy and funny.

I love my family so much.

Please tell me if I have some mistakes.

Regards.
Diepdh

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #29 (permalink) Mon Nov 03, 2008 13:48 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

hello torsten!
here's my work for unit 4:
My name is Connie and I'm very eager to learn english.I work as a laboratory analyst in a local pharmaceutical but well known company here in our country.A part of my job is to do a technical writing stuff for some documentation purposes of my analysis report. My grammar is always my problem.I've tried to work it out by myself but I think I'm still below the average.I'm still dissatisfied.II'm not being pessimistic though.I just want to be on top.That's why I am very glad that I've found this site and very grateful that I've got a new friend who can help me more in my english learning quest c",).Thanks a lot!

how does my work?
Connie

Location: Philippines

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #30 (permalink) Mon Nov 03, 2008 14:02 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

hi torsten,
its me again.i just want to make another answer to unit 4 exercise.

My name is Connie.I work as a laboratory analyst in a pharmaceutical company.My immediate boss is a man.His a very understanding fellow and has a lot of patience in me.His very generous too!He likes to treat his employees when there's an occasion like birthdays and holidays.His pocket is always ready for a feast of appetizing foods.
Connie

Location: Philippines

ESL Forums | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
many vs much.many vs much.many vs much.when not to use preposition?ask for vocabulary in department storeDifferent conjunction for same meaning.Learning New English words which don't have corresponding concepts in my native lGrammar sentenceCorrect usage to say - saturday morning was come. from tom sawyer adventure.Does the 3 years of physical presence have to be continuous or accumulation?Us vs BrUse word "Any" in sentenceanswer the questions