Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

exchange of information or ideas; transfer; passing along; letter; message
operator
venture
empty
communication
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

ESL Forum | English for Beginners
Personal Profile (Unit 3) | doesn't vs. does not
listening exercises
Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #481 (permalink) Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:55 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Thank you :Torsten .for such give us helpful points .i knew Grammar but these type is make me confuse .now i learn it very well thanks for that.this is my 4th unit .i'm really excited for my next unite. this course is going little bit slow? or may be i'm ready to run my final unite. another thing make me upset my ,my Progress report: isn't very good .i just give those test which you tell me to do in the lesson .otherwise i didn't and i never practice these test's before . please tell me some thing about it because i hardly come to know how to use this forum .okay thanks for every thing.
Mariafriend
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #482 (permalink) Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:02 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Thank you :Torsten .for such give us helpful points .i knew Grammar but these type is make me confuse .now i learn it very well thanks for that.this is my 4th unit .i'm really excited for my next unite. this course is going little bit slow? or may be i'm ready to run my final unite. another thing make me upset my ,my Progress report: isn't very good .i just give those test which you tell me to do in the lesson .otherwise i didn't and i never practice these test's before . please tell me some thing about it because i hardly come to know how to use this forum .okay thanks for every thing.
Mariafriend

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #483 (permalink) Thu Jul 07, 2011 18:10 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

what is the correct usage of lose and loose please explain
Rajeshnaik

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #484 (permalink) Thu Jul 07, 2011 18:23 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

lose - misplace;mislay
http://www.oxfordadvancedlearnersdictionary.com/dictionary/lose

loose - untied, not fixed
http://www.oxfordadvancedlearnersdictionary.com/dictionary/loose
Language Coach

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #485 (permalink) Mon Jul 11, 2011 17:20 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Hi all
Please let me introduce myself
Let's put a little fun in this post!
My name is Gabriel, I'm happy because I have my own name, cool, isn't it? You have your name? I was born on my birthday because I've one, again cool Isn't it?
I've my car, its colour is grey and she have her place of parking, there are a lot of other cars that have their place of parking.
I've my job, but unfortunately I've my boss and this isn't quite well because he has his ideas and I have also mine.
Gabrielu

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #486 (permalink) Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:31 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Hello,

I want to use the possessive adjectives:
My name is David. I've got a daughter and her name is Lorena. I've got a son too, and his name is Eduardo. They are so lovely kids.
My job is very interesting for us. I'm really grateful with you because this course is very important for my life.
Chocdavid

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #487 (permalink) Wed Jul 20, 2011 16:02 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

HI Torsten, I enjoyed doing all your exercises,with pretty good results. I am a retired medical man who needs some help to improve advanced written english. I hope to get the basics correct so that my ambition will be achieved without much trouble.
with kind regards
Dunstan
Dunstan

Re: As if when #488 (permalink) Fri Jul 22, 2011 15:50 pm   Re: As if when

I CAN NOT UNDER STAND
SHAKUNTALA
Sakuntala

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #489 (permalink) Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:26 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

hi torsten
I'm sorry, unit 3 i undertand
Nguyentram

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #490 (permalink) Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:01 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

English for beginers...www.english-online.org.uk/beginners/beg1_1.htm
Abrahammaslow

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #491 (permalink) Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:12 am   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

Hi torsten,
I'm very happy to continue my exercices lessons :

This is our house.it's very nice.its coulour is white.
Mekati

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #492 (permalink) Wed Sep 14, 2011 16:10 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

correct me if I'm wrong!
they & their are same words right ?
i.e
They're so many peoples i couldn't see him.
I think... (Their) word is probably uses in past & future right ?
Their was so many peoples i couldn't see him.
CaprIcI0us B0ii

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #493 (permalink) Wed Sep 14, 2011 21:58 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

'They' and 'their' are NOT the same words.
What's more, neither of those words are the same as 'there'.

There're (There are) so many people I couldn't see him.
There were so many people I couldn't see him.

I suggest you study this carefully:
http://robin.hubpages.com/hub/Grammar_Mishaps
Language Coach

It's and its #494 (permalink) Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:50 am   It's and its

Hello.

I'm not understood something, whats the different between Its and It's?
It's not the same word ?

Thanks
Hen
Hen

Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4) #495 (permalink) Sat Oct 08, 2011 14:11 pm   Possessive Adjectives (Unit 4)

It's is a contraction meaning 'it is'. It does not denote possession and is an exception to the usual rule.
Its is the third person neutral possessive determiner which means belonging to or associated with a noun.

It's (it is) a good idea to turn the camera on its (possessive) side to take that photo because the building is tall.
Language Coach

Personal Profile (Unit 3) | doesn't vs. does not
ESL Forum | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35
Latest topics on English Forums
many vs much.many vs much.many vs much.when not to use preposition?ask for vocabulary in department storeDifferent conjunction for same meaning.Learning New English words which don't have corresponding concepts in my native lGrammar sentenceCorrect usage to say - saturday morning was come. from tom sawyer adventure.Does the 3 years of physical presence have to be continuous or accumulation?Us vs BrUse word "Any" in sentenceanswer the questions