probability; feasibility; chance; likelihood
concept
meter
transfer
possibility

In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world'

meaning of experienced | divorced vs deceased
In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world' #1 (permalink) Mon May 24, 2010 12:06 pm   In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world'

ESL/EFL Test #652 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (25)", question 4

I just received my first job in accounting after five long years of study. I am ......... the top of the world right now!

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

ESL/EFL Test #652 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (25)", answer 4

I just received my first job in accounting after five long years of study. I am on the top of the world right now!

Correct answer: (b) on
_________________________

In my neck of the woods, the expression is "to be on top of the world"
("the" is out)
Dean.
_________________

In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world' #2 (permalink) Mon May 24, 2010 13:05 pm   In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world'

Mine, too.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world' #3 (permalink) Mon May 24, 2010 18:00 pm   In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world'

...and mine
_________________

In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world' #4 (permalink) Mon May 24, 2010 23:27 pm   In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world'

Obviously, it's a typo and we'll fix that right away.
_________________

In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world' #5 (permalink) Mon May 24, 2010 23:35 pm   In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world'

Thanks, Linda.
_________________

What does 'refuse' mean?What does 'in character' mean?What does 'calamity' mean?Usage of persuadesIt should be "I like my daily routine and exercise makes me happy".What is the meaning of eloped?'a few apples' vs 'a lots of apples'Parents mean old parents?What does this expression mean: "superior to"?Meaning of characterDifference between vision and viewWhy ­we use "change of heart" instead of using 'change of view'?What does 'high hopes' mean? Is it an idiom?