to fight for; to challenge; to appeal
pose
field
contest
constrain

What is the meaning of eloped?

divorced vs deceased | It should be "I like my daily routine and exercise makes me happy".
What is the meaning of eloped? #1 (permalink) Tue May 25, 2010 3:35 am   What is the meaning of eloped?

ESL/EFL Test #838 "Real Life: Marriage (1)", question 9

When two lovers run away and get married on their own (away from their families and friends), they have ..........

(a) dashed
(b) jogged
(c) eloped
(d) kissed

ESL/EFL Test #838 "Real Life: Marriage (1)", answer 9

When two lovers run away and get married on their own (away from their families and friends), they have eloped.

Correct answer: (c) eloped
_________________________

what is the meaning of eloped?

Hifer
Hifer

What is the meaning of eloped? #2 (permalink) Tue May 25, 2010 4:05 am   What is the meaning of eloped?

Please use a learner's dictionary to look up such words in the first instance. Then if you still have difficulties we will help further.

Here is the definition from one such dictionary:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/elope#elope__3
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does 'on your marks' mean?What does 'refuse' mean?What does 'in character' mean?What does 'calamity' mean?Usage of persuadesIn my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world''a few apples' vs 'a lots of apples'What does this expression mean: "superior to"?Meaning of characterDifference between vision and viewWhy ­we use "change of heart" instead of using 'change of view'?What does 'high hopes' mean? Is it an idiom?I can do it...