Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to rub off; to remove totally; to delete
know
pose
groom
erase
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member?
Hello Everybody | What are you doing about your healthy lifestyles ?
listening exercises
Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #1 (permalink) Wed May 26, 2010 14:04 pm   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

My name is Mónica, I am from Argentina and I am 37 years old. Well I'm trying to improve my English, so this site seems to me a very interesting and funny way to do it. So please, I need all the help possible to make my English more fluent and of course more correct. Thanks. Bye.
Micky
You can meet me at english-test.net

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #2 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 9:44 am   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

hi Monica! Welcome on here :)!
Katty2010
I'm here quite often ;-)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #3 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 9:59 am   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

How do you do Monica,
Welcome to the Forum, it is really great.

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #4 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 11:42 am   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Hi Monica... .I am Andy from Italy....nice to meet you

have fun here.

Byebye
328pd

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #5 (permalink) Sun May 30, 2010 0:40 am   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Thanks to all who has given me the welcome. (Is this sentence OK?)
Micky

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #6 (permalink) Sun May 30, 2010 1:00 am   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Hello Micky. Welcome to the forum.
The sentence is pretty good.
"Thanks to all who have given me a welcome." would be even better. :-)
Language Coach

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #7 (permalink) Sun May 30, 2010 16:15 pm   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Thank you Beeesneees for your correction, and now I have learned a new phrase (cheers m' dears).
Saludos, Micky.
Micky

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #8 (permalink) Sun May 30, 2010 17:17 pm   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Hi Micky,
You're welcome to this forum.
Cheers as interjection has three different meanings in English. I was wondering what she means by 'cheers'?

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #9 (permalink) Sun May 30, 2010 18:35 pm   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Thanks for your welcome Richard, but I have another doubt now, you were right about the word cheers , it has different meanings. I think that she meant something like; thanks to my fellows. Does anyone know????
Micky

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #10 (permalink) Sun May 30, 2010 21:46 pm   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Richard - if you were interested, all you had to do was ask!

'Cheers' is a multi-purpose word in the English language, used on a variety of occasions. It's just a form of welcome. I use it to mean any or all of the following:
Best wishes
To your good health
Thank you
Goodbye.

As for, 'm' Dears'
Obviously, you use dear in expressions such as `my dear fellow', `dear girl', or `my dear Richard' when you are addressing someone whom you know and are fond of.

The rhyming expression, "Cheers me dears" is quite a well known saying in the UK. I didn't want to use it like that as it is grammatically incorrect and I didn't want to cause confusion between 'me' and 'my'. so I opted to omit the second letter completely in a kind of compromise between the original saying and the grammatically correct version.
Language Coach

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #11 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 0:47 am   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Hi Bev.
I've been looking for this part:
Beeesneees wrote:
The rhyming expression, "Cheers me dears" is quite a well known saying in the UK. I didn't want to use it like that as it is grammatically incorrect and I didn't want to cause confusion between 'me' and 'my'. so I opted to omit the second letter completely in a kind of compromise between the original saying and the grammatically correct version.
In fact, I asked it for Micky.
Micky wrote:
and now I have learned a new phrase (cheers m' dears).
Saludos, Micky.

Well, actually, it was a question of mine too, but I didn't know where (which forum) I can ask this question.
Thank you.

Hiiiii #12 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 5:56 am   Hiiiii

Hi there!
I am Adam, a teacher of English as a second language, from Egypt. I am a new memeber here! I wanna know new persons and get nice friends here. wanna get extra degrees as Master or PHD, participating in researches and studies related to teaching English! Any help is welcomed!
Thank u all!
Best Wishes
Adam
adam.heart30@gmail.com
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #13 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 9:04 am   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Hello Adam,

The first thing I would suggest is that you stop using the written form 'wanna' as the word only exists in pop and rock songs where use of incorrect grammar is notorious. Although it might sound as if people are saying 'wanna', 'gotta', etc. this is actually just a result of 'lazy' speech. The terms are 'want to', 'going to', etc.
Language Coach

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #14 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 9:23 am   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

hi Cheers m'dears!
First of all, thanks for replying to my message! And above all, thanks for the good and accepted piece of advice!!! I just use" wanna" and things like it in chatting and just to be quick when I say something!!! By the way, I amnot an American to say these words!!! Just while chatting!!!U r always welcome!!! Tnx again
Adam heart
adam.heart30@gmail.com
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina... #15 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 10:28 am   Hi to everyone, My name is Monica, I am from Argentina...

Hi Adam,

The use of 'txtspk' and chat abbreviations are discouraged on this forum, so that less knowledgeable users can pick up good English, not fall into bad habits.
You will find more details in the forum introduction here.

Specifically this point.
Language Coach

Hello Everybody | What are you doing about your healthy lifestyles ?
ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Hello Everybody!!Essay for IETLSI NEED HELPHello friends!!finallyHi everybody!Everyone should come here!HelloHello to all peopleHi, I'm JulieNew learnerHello!! who is studying the book "focus on ielts"?introduction