to feel; to perceive; to apprehend; to understand
hide
lose
host
sense

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Frustrated in teaching? | 2010 and we still get this?

Who is your favourite forum moderator/language coach?
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Mordant
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #1 (permalink) Thu May 27, 2010 19:59 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

It's been quite a while since I have officially expressed my gratitude to all our native speaking forum moderators and language coaches. You are the people who make it possible for our community to live, learn and grow. So, a big thank you goes to Alan, Kitosdad, Mister Micawber, Beeesneees and Mordant.

You have been editing countless essays (especially Bill aka Kitosdad), answering tens of thousands of grammar questions, explaining a myriad of language concepts and encouraging us to keep on learning your native language. You are our heroes!

I know this survey might be a tough one since everyone of us has only one vote to cast. That's why you can also write what you think about every moderator/coach in particular.

So, it would be great if you could vote for 'your favourite moderator'.

Thank you very much!
Torstne

TOEIC listening, talks: Radio presenter announces latest news including the President's visit

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #2 (permalink) Thu May 27, 2010 20:40 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Hi Torsten ,

At the first , I'll be frank , I'm used to call a spade a spade

Excuse me , I can't vote for any one because it will be unfair to choose between them due to their equivalent skill and speed response .

But let me mention some of their activities here in the forum .

Alan : you can find him most of time here on the forum and he doesn't hesitate to answer the unanswered question , also we can't forget his lessons and stories here we shall consider him the main founder for most of our site educational materials .

Kitosdad : Not less important than Alan and I think no one can offset his position here on the forum . He has much on "Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training " and " What do you want to talk about?" .

Beeesneees : She is a very good example for the active moderator for his sections on the forum , She gently apply the forum rules and she has Fluent treatment of members .

Finally ,Mister Micawber & Mordant , I didn't notice any activity of them .

Accept my greetings and thanks for your efforts .

Abdo
Legend_200859

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #3 (permalink) Thu May 27, 2010 21:14 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Good evening Torsten. Perhaps I shouldn't be making a comment on this poll, but I feel that I must say how impressed I have been by the dedication and level-headedness of Beesnees (Beverley) over these passed weeks, especially her coolness when under pressure from BS and our new nuisance.
Her patience is her greatest virtue.
Her proficiency as a teacher shines through her many posts.
Guess who I voted for.
_________________

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #4 (permalink) Thu May 27, 2010 23:28 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Well, I returned the favour, Kitos, because I love the way your own love of writing encourages others. It encourages them to write for themselves and to record what you have written, which helps their pronunciation, phrasing and understanding.
_________________

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #5 (permalink) Fri May 28, 2010 13:01 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

My favourite moderator is BEEESNEEES. (Oh I found out today that her name is Beverly, nice name Bee) She is always very nice and ready to give a helping hand. Her help is quick and answers are clear. Bee must be a very clever and resourceful teacher - I admire her skill and knowledge.

Besides, I take my hat off to all the peolple who contribute to this fascinating site. Being a teacher myself I'm aware of all challanges teachers face, so I appreciate all you do for the learners. In my viewpoint all people who work on the site deserve to be praised and respected. So, dear teachers, I wish you all the best !!!
_________________
I'm a natural blonde, please speak slowly ;-)
Bagheera

Location: Ukraine, Lviv

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #6 (permalink) Fri May 28, 2010 20:29 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Hi Torsten,

To me it was Bill who helped me to improve. He is a nice and calm person and tries to help people by encouraging and patient. Surely, there are lots of people on the forum who benefits from his advices. I am glad that I am one of his pupils and I will be always thankful of what he did for me. :-) Thank you Torsten for making this post.

Mixmixi
_________________
Let's make a deal; I'll correct every single one of your grammatical mistakes AND YOU DO THE SAME FAVOUR FOR ME.
Mixmixi

Location: A better place to be

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #7 (permalink) Fri May 28, 2010 23:06 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Hi Torsten,
This is just my own personal opinion:

Torsten = has a really good sense of humor,...a good manager.
Alan = kind, a great writer, head teacher
Kitosdad = really patient, dashing, cheerleader, teacher, and friend.
Mister Micawber = an expert, sometimes not patient, helpful, frank
Beeesneees = born teacher, sometimes argumentative, hard working, I donít like her avatar, likable (new moderator)
Mordant = I know nothing about Mordant. (new moderator)
Slava = a warm and caring man (programmer)
Yankee = knowledgeable about American English. (old moderator, previously)

I vote for the one who has selected these moderators and Language coaches.(The indisputable fact is that this is a great team. I am a member of some other English learning websites too but I often prefer to use this one.)
I was wondering why we cannot vote for you Torsten.
So, I will vote for Bill.

_________________
Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. -John Cotton Dana
Richard

Location: Malaysia (at present)

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #8 (permalink) Fri May 28, 2010 23:34 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Richard wrote:
Beeesneees = sometimes argumentative.

No, I'm not!

<grin> Sorry... couldn't resist! ;D
_________________

Who is your favourate /moderate language coach? #9 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 4:34 am   Who is your favourate /moderate language coach?

Dear Sir
Alan: Alan is my favourate coach. He is outstanding of all others. Of course
his essays and stories will be little bit tough to understand, he is clearing
all our doubts then and there. In shortly say he is my guru.

Kito sdad: I don't know much about him, but I have read his messages in the forum.

Mister Micarber: He is also helping learners by giving explanation to our doubts.

Beesnees: She is master of clearing doubts in Listening Exercises.

Thank you

S.Shanthi
_________________
If you want Excellence,You must aim at perfection in our work.
Shanthisethuraman

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #10 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 6:36 am   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Oh no! What for? Encouragement or whether you want to know your goal has been achieved? There are two types of evaluation, process evaluation and outcome evaluation, which one is your goal Mr. Torsten? Each of them requires different questions and methods in order to gain validity and reliability as a useful measurement feedback. What are the excluding criteria and the including criteria? Can the bran new members make a vote? If so, will you value the brand new members with the same score as old-active members who know exactly what was going on in the forum? How will you value the voting so far? Is higher frequency indicating higher quality? Would you prefer the favorite one than the qualified coach?
And wonder of wonders, why don't you put yourself into the poll, are you going to resign and then the most favorite coach/moderator will take place?
That's only some of the questions spinning around and around me. By the way, take it easy please. I do apologize if I have done any mistakes or misposted it somehow. Please advice. Many thanks. Lina
_________________
I am looking for a skype partner to practice my English.
Linaseattle

Location: Seattle, Washington, USA

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #11 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 9:39 am   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Hi Lina,
Please relax. I don't think Torsten is planning to leave and I don't believe the voting will be used to indicate any preferences within the forum. I think it might just have been a intended as a little fun and a little interesting to add to Torsten's post of gratitude to everyone.

It was a very well-reasoned plea though, and a perfect opportunity for speaking. Most admirable!
_________________

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #12 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 16:03 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Hello.
SkiIucK

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #13 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 16:44 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Hello Ski. Just passing through, or sticking around for a while? I hope you are doing well.

itos.
_________________

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #14 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 16:58 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Hello, Bill! I hope you and the rest of the community are doing well, too. I've never left the place, just have had nothing to add or write. :)

Take care
SkiIucK

Who is your favourite moderator/language coach? #15 (permalink) Tue Jun 01, 2010 19:18 pm   Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?

Hi everyone, thanks a lot for all your interesting comments and questions on this topic. It goes without saying that every single member of our community is equally important no matter how many messages they might post to the forum. Let's say there is a Vietnamese user called Tran. Now, Tran himself never posts any single message for quite a couple of weeks but he does read a lot of the ongoing discussions. Now, if Tran sends an email to 30 of his friends informing them about our forum it's very likely that a few of his friends are going to take an active part in our conversations.

So what exactly has that to do with the current survey? What I wanted to do is raise awareness of the structure of our community. We call our moderators 'Language Coaches'. A language coach is a native speaker who answers questions from learners of English. Since I am a learner of English too I didn't include myself in this survey. Our forum is for people who want to learn English. Now imagine what our forum would be like if there were no native speakers of English. It's quite possible that in this case we would all would end up learning a completely new language instead of English.

Alan, Bill, Charles, Bev and Mordant are the native speakers who answer most of the language questions on our site. Every answer they post generates several new questions from our learners. Every new question from our learners is read by several other learners.

I agree that the question 'Who is your favourite moderator' might be a bit provocative and even difficult to answer since every of our moderators has their own style and set of strengths. Bev is right in saying that we should view our community as a whole and our moderator team as a group rather than as individuals. But since the survey is anonymous and the forum allows you to post additional thoughts we can as well let it run and see how the poll develops. At any rate we can use this thread to share ideas on how to build and shape our community.

Please let me know what you think.
Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, talks: Radio news update including flooding rescue report and government financial support plans

GlobishPhet Cyclone!I must be getting oldWhich one is first to study; the English grammar or vocabularies?I want to say this...Tap your inner geniusEU BID TO RAISE RETIREMENT TO 70I am going to the downtown. vs I am going downtown.i don't understandWho is your favourite moderator/language coach?, page 2How To Speak Excellent English In 6 Months Or Lesswhat is your fav. websiteWhat would you do if you had this amount of money?