person who makes changes; person who introduces new methods or procedures; creative person
liability
innovator
persuasion
manual

What is crackthat bottle?

What is cushy? | What does genius mean?
What is crackthat bottle? #1 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 23:13 pm   What is crackthat bottle?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #29 "American Slang Words (3)", question 1

Why don't you crackthat bottle of wine so we can start celebrating your promotion.

(a) smash that bottle
(b) open that bottle
(c) buy that bottle

ESL/EFL Test #29 "American Slang Words (3)", answer 1

Why don't you open that bottle of wine so we can start celebrating your promotion.

Correct answer: (b) open that bottle
_________________________

what is crackthat bottle?

anne m.
anne m.

What is crackthat bottle? #2 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 23:43 pm   What is crackthat bottle?

A typo!

It should read 'crack that bottle'.

(open the bottle, from the phrase, 'to crack open' - which is obviously not a good thing to do with it, literally speaking. For a start there'd be bound to be wastage due to spills :D )
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What is cushy? | What does genius mean?
Nascent could also be an optionI need to get a test, Could you give some information about testsWhat is an ecosystem?humankind vs human kind"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"Meaning of frostWhat is foxy lady?Usage of the passive voiceI am cofusing 'make' and 'makes'What does the meaning of drink out of it?Phrase: I want to have some fun this weekend.Option 'out' was changed to 'out of', on account of the preposition 'of' in...Its rather be an used car, not a used!