a public teacher of the highest grade in a university or college
prophecy
monastery
professor
profligacy

A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

SAT Practice tests Increase your SAT test score with
plus 5.000 SAT word flash cards
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test
A guidance to recommend you: <SATŪ Critical Reading Game> by James Hong | Selling SATŪ QAS and AP tests at $4 for each!!!!!!!!!!!!
A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100? #1 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 2:20 am   A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

I am new to this forum, and I am writing here due to the great environment that I see everyday in this forum. I would like to know how I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100.

<never studied for this score>

510 Reading

500 Math

520 Writing

I will have all summer and September, and a little bit of October to study for the next SAT. Any kind of helpful advice would be appreciated.

* I am mostly dissapointed in myself with the Math section; in my elementary school, junior high, and freshmen year of high school, I was very good in Math. However, in sophomore year and Junior year, my teachers use powerpoints to to teach math, and only read off of the slides thus my level isn't as high as it could be. I am not making an excuse out of this, however if there is any kind of book, website that can give me somewhat of an review, i should be able to dramatically increase my math score.
Alanator993

A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100? #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 03, 2010 21:04 pm   A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

Hello Alanator993,

Make sure you get the detailed diagnostic analysis for that test... if you can't, take another full length practice test to get one. There are number of sources from where you can get the reasonable diagnostic analysis. All big tutoring companies will provide some reasonable analysis (kaplan, sylvan, pr etc.) you can also get detailed analysis from number of tutoring companies which do their analysis using Socrato.com scoring and analysis engine, which is one of the most detailed one and provides you point lost by topics areas. You can also signup for CB program (which cost $69) or free tests analysis from them which is ok...

Other recommendation complete few of the Math section from the blue book... and review your results and analysis using thetestgrader.com. it will take you couple of minutes but will pin point your focus areas.

Good luck with your SAT.
Abhi.kath

SAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 1002 free SAT Vocabulary TestsSAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise SAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportSAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential SAT vocabulary words you need to pass the SAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100? #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 22, 2010 20:01 pm   A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

Hi Alanator,

I just took the SAT last month and I scored a 2360. I'm going to write a post soon about what I did and I hope it'll help you out.
HarvardSammy

Location: New Jersey

A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100? #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 29, 2010 13:02 pm   A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

Hi HarvardSammy
I admire you. You're really well-done ^^
So, please share experiences with us .
Giang93

Re: A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100? #5 (permalink) Wed Jun 15, 2011 23:14 pm   Re: A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

I think sat book from college board can help.
Danquing

A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100? #6 (permalink) Thu Jul 05, 2012 22:53 pm   A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

Use the Bluebook. Helped me raise my score from 1380 to 2100, and I am still increasing.
ShutUpUPlay2Much

A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100? #7 (permalink) Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:58 am   A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

The best resource is the Blue Book published by collegeboard, get the 2nd edition. Amazon has fols selling previosuly used copies at a low price. You can also use the free sites such as number2.com. If you want to try SAT multiple times. take one in October, Jan or May and choose the QAS( questiomn and asnwer service). Although you have to pay extra but the benefit is that you get detailed report on how did on various section. Based on this you can focus on areas that you can improve on. Also look at youtube video posted by eprep
Udaysrajput

A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100? #8 (permalink) Sat Jul 07, 2012 0:48 am   A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

I am a tutor and proctor and I understand how it difficult the task may seem. However, if you put your full effort in studying any score is possible. In my opinion you can never go wrong with the bluebook(as my name states) but also find a way to get released and unreleased QAS tests. The more you practice the higher your score will get.
Themightybluebook

A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100? #9 (permalink) Sat Jul 07, 2012 17:27 pm   A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

The guy above is impersonating as a proctor. He is really a scammer instead.
Sellsgis

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on SAT Test Forums
offer! more than 30 tests include(jan 2013- 0ct 2012 - all may sunday)35 $ onlykaplan SATŪ or barron's SATŪ?writing multiple-choiceSelling SATŪ, OLD SATŪ, ONLINE COURSE and AP tests and LOOKING FOR OCT 2012!!!!QASThe quality and attention to detail is apparent.ESL tutor offerSATŪ Prep Vocab from any mobile phoneSATŪ scholarshipPLEASE HELP ME CHECK AND RATE MY ESSAY! THANK YOU SO MUCHMemorize SATŪ Vocab! :DNotice: Lambents is a scammerSATŪ Math Question