Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

special; unusual; detailed; precise; pedantic; strict
level
delicious
credible
particular
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Option 'out' was changed to 'out of', on account of the preposition 'of' in... | humankind vs human kind
listening exercises
"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep" #1 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 15:53 pm   "I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #628 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (2)", question 1

I'm sorry I didn't hear you knocking. I was so tired so I feel asleep. I guess I was ......... a deep sleep when you knocked on my door.

(a) on
(b) in
(c) under
(d) out

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #628 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (2)", answer 1

I'm sorry I didn't hear you knocking. I was so tired so I feel asleep. I guess I was in a deep sleep when you knocked on my door.

Correct answer: (b) in

Your answer was: correct

I feel strongly that it should read "I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"
;)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep" #2 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 16:00 pm   "I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"

Hi Tort,

A typo, of course. I'll make sure it's picked up on by those who can make the necessary edit, and then I have no doubt that it will be changed with the next database upload. For future reference I believe the best place to report such obvious errors is probably in "Feedback, Comments and Suggestions".
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep" #3 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 16:07 pm   "I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"

Beeesneees wrote:
For future reference I believe the best place to report such obvious errors is probably in "Feedback, Comments and Suggestions".

Hi, Beees

That's a deal. Next time I spot a typo, I'll report it there. :=)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep" #4 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 17:06 pm   "I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"

Hi Bev,
I'll publish the changes tomorrow.
Slava
Slava
Programmer and Co-founder

Option 'out' was changed to 'out of', on account of the preposition 'of' in... | humankind vs human kind
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
How do I know if my answer is correct or not?I feel like a million dollars?Middle-class vs. underclassNascent could also be an optionI need to get a test, Could you give some information about testsWhat is an ecosystem?Meaning of frostWhat is foxy lady?What is cushy?What is crackthat bottle?Usage of the passive voiceWhat does genius mean?Error should be followed by an