to provide; to supply (food, etc.); to care for
comply
cater
reclaim
assimilate

humankind vs human kind

"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep" | I need to get a test, Could you give some information about tests
humankind vs human kind #1 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 16:03 pm   humankind vs human kind

ESL/EFL Test #803 "Human Technology (1)", question 7

Another current controversy surrounds ......... cell research. Many believe that we may be able to develop treatments for diseases that have plagued human kind for centuries as a result of this research. Others believe that it is morally wrong, on religious grounds, and that it is tantamount to "playing God."

(a) stork
(b) bacteria
(c) stem
(d) muscle

ESL/EFL Test #803 "Human Technology (1)", answer 7

Another current controversy surrounds stem cell research. Many believe that we may be able to develop treatments for diseases that have plagued human kind for centuries as a result of this research. Others believe that it is morally wrong, on religious grounds, and that it is tantamount to "playing God."

Correct answer: (c) stem

_________________________

I hate to nitpick, but my dictionary says that "humankind" is written as one word, without a space after "human". ;)
_________________

humankind vs human kind #2 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 19:35 pm   humankind vs human kind

Hi, many thanks for pointing this out. We've made the change and it will appear online soon.

TOEIC listening, talks: Travel agent gives a customer his travel booking details via voice mail message

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What do you mean by mammals?How do I know if my answer is correct or not?I feel like a million dollars?Middle-class vs. underclassNascent could also be an optionWhat is an ecosystem?Meaning of frostWhat is foxy lady?What is cushy?What is crackthat bottle?Usage of the passive voiceOption 'out' was changed to 'out of', on account of the preposition 'of' in...What does genius mean?