to fill; to pack (with goods, cargo, etc.)
treasure
load
sample
impede

What is an ecosystem?

I need to get a test, Could you give some information about tests | Nascent could also be an option
What is an ecosystem? #1 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 17:09 pm   What is an ecosystem?

ESL/EFL Test #804 "Forest Fires (1)", question 7

However, not all forest fires are bad. Some are important and essential in natural ..........

(a) barns
(b) farmhouses
(c) ranches
(d) ecosystems

ESL/EFL Test #804 "Forest Fires (1)", answer 7

However, not all forest fires are bad. Some are important and essential in natural ecosystems.

Correct answer: (d) ecosystems

However, not all forest fires are bad. Some are important and essential in natural farmhouses.
_________________________

why the response is ecosyste

Patrick and Dimitry
Stupy

What is an ecosystem? #2 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 19:52 pm   What is an ecosystem?

An ecosystem is a complex, natural environment that consists of animals, plant life, minerals, bacteria, water, sunlight etc. Sometimes, these environments need naturally occurring forest fires to prosper - and to maintain a natural balance.

The other choices: barns, farmhouses and ranches are not essential components of this natural system.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Do the platypuses lay eggs?What do you mean by mammals?What is the difference between grisly and gruesome?How do I know if my answer is correct or not?I feel like a million dollars?Middle-class vs. underclasshumankind vs human kind"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"Meaning of frostWhat is foxy lady?What is cushy?What is crackthat bottle?Option 'out' was changed to 'out of', on account of the preposition 'of' in...