Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to return money; to reimburse; to repay; to finance again
strike
refund
merchandise
journey
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I feel like a million dollars?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
I told her to go way... | Diferent between like and desire?
listening exercises
I feel like a million dollars? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:36 am   I feel like a million dollars?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #348 "English Slang Idioms (69)", question 2

"After I got out of the spa, I felt like a million .........," Marcie said Shelly.

(a) pounds
(b) dollars
(c) people
(d) cents

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #348 "English Slang Idioms (69)", answer 2

"After I got out of the spa, I felt like a million dollars," Marcie said Shelly.

Correct answer: (b) dollars

"After I got out of the spa, I felt like a billion.........," Marcie said Shelly.
Mordy

I feel like a million dollars? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:44 am   I feel like a million dollars?

Nope, the accepted expression is "to feel like a million dollars" Otherwise it doesn't sound natural.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/feel+like+a+million+dollars
The amount of money has no bearing here. After all, the expression is not about money, it conveyes the meaning of your happiness.
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
I told her to go way... | Diferent between like and desire?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
become excited vs. become scaredWhat's a carescape?Do the platypuses lay eggs?What do you mean by mammals?What is the difference between grisly and gruesome?How do I know if my answer is correct or not?Middle-class vs. underclassNascent could also be an optionI need to get a test, Could you give some information about testsWhat is an ecosystem?humankind vs human kind"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"Meaning of frost