to depend on; to trust in
rely
affiliate
barter
ferry

Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152  Next

ESL Forum | English for Beginners
answer the questions | Correct usage to say - saturday morning was come. from tom sawyer adventure.
Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:47 am   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Unit 5 - Personal Profile II

Now that you know the Personal Pronouns, the Be-Verb and the Possessive Adjectives you can create a more interesting Personal Profile:

Hi, I'm Mike. My surname is McKillian. I'm from Iceland. Its capital is Reykjavik. My mother tongue is Icelandic and my second language is English. I'm a computer programmer and my hobbies are talking to people on the Internet and inline skating. I'm married. My wife's name is Asdis. She is a psychologist. Her favourite expression is "You can do what you believe you can do and you cannot do what you believe you cannot do."

OK, what's next? Stay tuned to find out in Unit 6.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Archaeological site

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #2 (permalink) Mon Jul 07, 2008 16:25 pm   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Hi, I'm Hank.My last name is Chang.I'm from Taiwan.It's a island.Its captial is Taipei.Lots of people confuse Taiwan with Tailand.
My mother tongue is chinese and Mandarin and my second language is English.
I'm a IT engineer and keen on photograph and travel.
I'm single.
My favorite expression is『You must do the thing you think you cannot do.』by Eleanor Roosevelt.
Hank

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #3 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:13 am   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Good!! :D
Kashi645

Location: Korea

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #4 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:11 am   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Hi, I'm Marwa. My surname is al-Ibraheem. I'm from Iraq. Its capital is Baghdad. My mother tongue is Arabic and my two second languages is English and French. I'm a journalist and my hobbies are talking to people in English or French, Painting.
I'm engaged. My fiance's name is Laith. He is a business man. He is really a good man.
Micho

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #5 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:02 am   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Hi, I'm Galia. My surname is Dimitrova. I'm from Bulgaria. Its capital is Sofia. My mother tongue is Bulgarian. I'm married. I have a son. He is six and a half years old. I'm a manager and an engineer. My hobbies are reading books and traveling.
Ggalia

Possessive Adjectives #6 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 16:23 pm   Possessive Adjectives

I'm Julieta (Nangueve), my surname is Messele, I'm from Angola-Luanda, my mother tangue is Umbundo and second language is Portuguese. I'm merried and a mother of 3 children 1 boy and 2 girls. I'm a Secretary. My hobbies are watching movies and reading.

Cheers
Julieta :)
Nangueve

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #7 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 17:34 pm   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

I'm Vesna. I'm from Serbia. I live in Novi Sad, town on the river Danube. I'm a professional assistant in preschool.
I understand English very well, but I forgot Grammar and Writing.
Best regards...
Vesna

about myself #8 (permalink) Wed Jul 09, 2008 0:08 am   about myself

My name is K.R K. I'm from Korea.
I'm 25 years old.
I'm English majoring student and also English teacher.
I'm going to going Graduate school next year.
I want to be Engish Professor in Future.
Kashi645

Location: Korea

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #9 (permalink) Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:46 am   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Hey everyone. I'm Manh Dung. My last name is Nguyen. I'm from Vietnam. Its capital is Hanoi. I'm a student at High School for Mathematics Gifted Students. My hobbies are talking with my friends on the phone and studying mathematics. I'm single, of course! My favourite expression is " Keep it simple, as simple as possible, but no simpler!"
NguyenDungTN

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #10 (permalink) Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:22 am   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Hi! my name is filomeno, I'm from Manila, Philippines. I'm working at Saudi Electricity Company as a Draftsman. I'm married and my wife's name is Adela a native from the town of Concepcion, Tarlac City Philippines.She's interior decorator and a business woman and we have a son his name is Jonathan and he's now 13 years old. My hobbies are playing tennis, basketball and swimming.I'm honest, simple and reliable person do I need to say more?.....
Filcanlas

Location: saudi arabia

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #11 (permalink) Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:19 am   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Hi, I'm Hasan, my sure name Hasan Basri, Family name Siregar, my complete name Hasan Basri Siregar, I'm Indonesian, I'm from Bogor, Bogor is small town near Jakarta about 60 kms, Jakarta is a capital city of indonesia, I'm chemist, I work at a factory as R&D
Cheers,
Hasan
Hasanbs

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #12 (permalink) Thu Jul 10, 2008 17:33 pm   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Hello everyone :
Dear Torston:

Thank you very much for your email .

Here are a few personal profile for my self:

I am Moayad . My surname is Almudhafer . I'm from Iraq . Its capital is Baghdad . My second language is English . I'm an electronic engineer . I'm working with Albanna -group company for medical equipment . I'm married . I've got four children . Two of them are twins "nonsymmetrical, boy & girl". She's started speaking at the age of eighteen months but he's started speaking at the age of two years . They are begin learn English at the school . She is a clever student but he's very clever.

Best Regards
Moayad
Moayad_63

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #13 (permalink) Thu Jul 10, 2008 17:38 pm   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Hi everyone! My name is Veronica, my surname is Martinez. I live in South America, in a little country called Uruguay. I don't live in the capital city but 25 km away in a resort named Solymar. It's beautiful, we are near the beach, our beaches are outstanding. Unfortunately we are in winter now but they are great to go for a walk anyway.

I'm an English translator, I've just received my degree so I need a lot of practice. I work as an editor for an American company. I love my job. Next December I'm planning to sit for the CPE, it's a very demanding exam, but I'm doing my best to improve my skills. Next year I'm planning to take a two-year teaching course. I'm really willing to doing so.

English has always been important in my life, that's why I'm always trying to improve it.

Cheers,

Veronica
Hey, by the way... my mother tongue is Spanish.
Veronica_A1

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #14 (permalink) Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:53 am   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

I'm Chakrya. My surename is Ros. I'm from Cambodia. Its capital is Phnom Penh. I'm a student at University. Its name is Pannasatra University of Cambodia. My hobbies is go swimming and listen to English music.
Chakriyaros

Personal Profile II (Unit 5) #15 (permalink) Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:01 pm   Personal Profile II (Unit 5)

Hi, I'm Pooja. I'm from INDIA. My mother tongue is hindi and my second language is english. I have done graduation now preparing for gre.My hobbies are reading books and listening music.I'm unmarried.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG

THANKS
Pghai

ESL Forum | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Different conjunction for same meaning.Grammar sentenceDoes the 3 years of physical presence have to be continuous or accumulation?Superlative form of Adjective and personality.offWhat is the correct and why to say?I'm a fourth year studentdoesn't vs. does notI am Mahboobeh, I am working as quality expert at a computer company...'used to something' vs 'used to doing' and Present perfectDays, Months etc. II (Unit 13)What time is it? (Unit 11)Question words / Open questions (Unit 10)