Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to be present in a place; to care for; to serve; to accompany
limit
remind
compose
attend
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Pitcher vs. shortstop

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Test incompl/elem-196, User's Answer 1 | Pitcher vs. catcher
listening exercises
Pitcher vs. shortstop #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 05, 2010 17:31 pm   Pitcher vs. shortstop

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #196 "Real life sports vocabulary 3", question 4

In baseball, the defensive player between second base and third base is the ..........

(a) left fielder
(b) shortstop
(c) pitcher
(d) catcher

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #196 "Real life sports vocabulary 3", answer 4

In baseball, the defensive player between second base and third base is the shortstop.

Correct answer: (b) shortstop

ia pitcher suitable here?
Nigmatullina
You can meet me at english-test.net

Pitcher vs. shortstop #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 05, 2010 18:32 pm   Pitcher vs. shortstop

No, the pitcher does not take that position.
Language Coach

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Pitcher vs. shortstop #3 (permalink) Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:41 am   Pitcher vs. shortstop

I didn't find what is shortstop only in Wikipedia:

Shortstop, abbreviated SS, is the baseball fielding position between second and third base. Shortstop is often regarded as the most dynamic defensive position in baseball, because there are more right-handed hitters in baseball than left-handed hitters, and most hitters have a tendency to pull the ball slightly, so more balls go to the shortstop than any other position. In the numbering system used to record defensive plays, the shortstop is assigned the number 6.

Test incompl/elem-196, User's Answer 1 | Pitcher vs. catcher
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
meaning of "result in any way from a disease that does"?please correct the below sentenceTest incompl/elem-170, Question 8You have been the biggest disappointment this year.Don is the funniest guy I know!I want to show my appreciation,I think I am catching a cold. vs I think I catches a cold.Is "step by step" an idiom?Meaning of "drum out"Usage of "say" and "tell"Difference between to extend and to expandWhat does this expression mean: Behind the times?Difference between persuade and encourage